SiouxSports.com Forum

USA vs. RUSSIA

AZSIOUX

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They had a few lacklustre shifts on the PP and Pouliot is the problem. He is not playing with enough passion and could find himself being the thirteenth forward in the Gold Medal Game. I think Sutter may want to use Latendresse against the Russians anyway as he has had great success in scoring against them.

Presumptuous, aren't you?

I have a hunch that the Canadian fans would have cheered for the Russians even if the Johnson hit hadn't occurred. I pretty sure they cheeared for the Russians last year in GF when they went up against the US.

The US is now globally hated. It's disappointing but not surprising.

Vegas, How did Toews do against Finland? I heard that the TSN guys were down on that line a little for not producing, but I gathered it was directed more at Pouliot.

Toews played alright. He did the usual two or three beautiful setups for his linemastes and they produced nothing out of it. I don't know what to say. He is playing just fine from my perspective but he is not getting any real support from his wingers. They are supposed to be snipers but I'm not so sure.

They moved him over to the half wall on the PP and they seemed to do a little better with him there as far as puck movement. They had Poulet there before and he just wasn't producing.

Best shift of the night for the US - Schremp, Fritsche and Mueller with the pressure.

Do you think the Sioux coaches can put some snarl into Lee's game? I wouldn't mind a few stupid penalties, as long as he inflicted a little pain and inspired some fear.

This period is better so far. The ice isn't so tilted.

Best shift of the night for the US - Schremp, Fritsche and Mueller with the pressure.

Do you think the Sioux coaches can put some snarl into Lee's game? I wouldn't mind a few stupid penalties, as long as he inflicted a little pain and inspired some fear.

This period is better so far. The ice isn't so tilted.

He kind of plays the body like Trevor Hammer did.

:lol::):lol: Sorry about that it is 1214 here and I didn't even notice how it read. It would be Pouliot if it is the US and Latendresse if it is the Russians.

I don't think Latendresse can skate with the Russians. His skating looks awfully rough to me. Must have exceptional hands.

He was also a spectator in his own zone for one of the few shifts he got tonight. He basically let the strong side point man go right by him. His feet where nowhere near where they are supposed to be. I'm pretty sure Sutter would have seen the same thing.

Completely different game in the second period. The US needs to get on the scoreboard to convert all this great play.

I think Erik Johnson might just be the first player picked in next year's draft.

Holy cow Schremp can dangle.

I like Mueller too.

And Oshie draws another one. The kid is something.

McKenzie says Kessel's inside-outside move is getting a little predictable...ya think. (No, I am not Kessel bashing)...But it still works almost everytime.

Didn't work against Parent the other night. I'm pretty sure Parent told him "Nice Move" to Kessel after he smacked in the face on the 1 on 1.