SiouxSports.com Forum

USA vs. RUSSIA

AZSIOUX

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both Sauer and Kyle thought that Canada would cheer for the US tonight? I guess I never questioned it. Maybe that's because I'm so used to the Canadian's cheering forever whichever team we're playing. Oshie draws another penalty.

I can't believe the Canadians are cheering for the Russians. It was one thing to cheer for Finland, Norway and the Czechs. To cheer for the Russians though? THE RUSSIANS? That is unfathomable. There is no way a majority of US fans would ever cheer for the Russians when they play the Canadians. I am completely dumbfounded by it.

I can't believe the Canadians are cheering for the Russians. It was one thing to cheer for Finland, Norway and the Czechs. To cheer for the Russians though? THE RUSSIANS? That is unfathomable. There is no way a majority of US fans would ever cheer for the Russians when they play the Canadians. I am completely dumbfounded by it.

Johnsons elbow must have had a bigger impact than I thought. I can tell you that I would never cheer for the Russians. However, two areas of Canada are completely different than the rest of us, BC and Quebec and I can't begin to explain how they think because I haven't figured it out myself :lol: If it is any help I have been told that people from BC are like your Californians whatever that means

Edited by Sioux_Hab-it

Ouch. That was brutal. Reminds me of some squirt games where one team is really outclassed. The US is going to need to step it up in a big way here to stay in the game. Hate to say it but the highlight of the period may have been Paukovich's big hit on one of the Russians. It's risky with international officiating, but one way to change the momentum in a game (and it REALLY needs changing) is to just go out and hit every chance you get.

I'm reading "The Boys of Winter" about the 1980 team, and it's interesting that one of Herb's theories about playing the Russians was to not dump and chase. Basically you work so hard to get the puck from the Russians and then you just voluntarily surrender possession. So tonight the Russians have the puck for, like, 80% of the time, and even on the PP, the US dumps it in and loses possession. Did we forget that lesson?

Sagard, you're right especially because he has such a wicked snapshot.

Chorney seems to me to be playing very well.

Johnsons elbow must have had a bigger impact than I thought. I can tell you that I would never cheer for the Russians. However, two areas of Canada are completely different than the rest of us, BC and Quebec and I can't begin to explain how they think because I haven't figured it out myself :lol: If it is any help I have been told that people from BC are like your Californians whatever that means

Californian's are in a world of their own.

I want to appolgize for all Canadians regarding the behaviour of the B.C. crowd. I am absolutely appalled at how stupid these people are. I hope the cheer when the U.S. scores is louder than what we heard for the Russians. This is beyond comprehension.

I have a hunch that the Canadian fans would have cheered for the Russians even if the Johnson hit hadn't occurred. I pretty sure they cheeared for the Russians last year in GF when they went up against the US.

I'm reading "The Boys of Winter" about the 1980 team, and it's interesting that one of Herb's theories about playing the Russians was to not dump and chase. Basically you work so hard to get the puck from the Russians and then you just voluntarily surrender possession. So tonight the Russians have the puck for, like, 80% of the time, and even on the PP, the US dumps it in and loses possession. Did we forget that lesson?

Sagard, you're right especially because he has such a wicked snapshot.

"The Boys of Winter" is a fun read. I just read it this weekend and I couldn't put it down. You are right on about dump and chase tonight.

EJs turnover was a killer. Sprung a Malkin led 3 on 2 with a US forward as one of the defenders.

Vegas, How did Toews do against Finland? I heard that the TSN guys were down on that line a little for not producing, but I gathered it was directed more at Pouliot.

They had a few lacklustre shifts on the PP and Pouliot is the problem. He is not playing with enough passion and could find himself being the thirteenth forward in the Gold Medal Game. I think Sutter may want to use Latendresse against the Russians anyway as he has had great success in scoring against them.