SiouxSports.com Forum

Ryan Hale back to forward

PCM

That should be a good defensive line, and, having last change, may help shut down the high scoring CC line.

Also, CC fans say that Sterling will be most missed on the PP, which may be a good thing, given the Sioux's PK success (or lack of), against the best PP's so far this year.

CC did struggle on the PP agains WMU (was that without Sterling?), although the Clarke-Sejna-Sertich line lit 'em up 5 on 5.

I like having the R. Hale-McMahon-Spiewak line together for the CC series. Not only is it solid defensively, but having Spiewak on a wing provides an offensive spark that the Tigers will have to respect. The Notermann-Lundbohm-Bochenski line plays very well together, which goes to show you how important Lundbohm is to this team.

I assume that Blais will try to put D. Hale and Schneider on the ice whenever the Sejna line is out. My guess is that he'll rotate the other three D-men until the third period. At that point, whatever pair is playing best together will switch off will Hale and Schneider.

The big question in my mind is who will center the line Massen plays on? He really seemed to miss Lundbohm against Brown and Bemidji. Genoway doesn't appear be ready to make the step up yet. I'm thinking a line centered by Fylling with Massen and Prpich on the wings might work.

So according to PCM

Notermann-Lundbohm-Bochenski

Hale-Mcmahon-Spiewak

Massen-Fylling-Prpich

Who besides me thought connely has been playing very well lately??

How about

Massen-Connelly-Prpich

So that leaves

Canady-Palmascino-Genoway

I assume they will be going with 5 defenseman instead of bringing another forward back.

Um, that's according to Virg Foss and PCM. :( The Herald story said Spiewak, McMahon and Hale would be the checking line. I assume that Notermann, Lundbohm and Bochesnki will remain together after the numbers they put up during the tournment.

Why would you put Fylling on the bench after the nice power play goal he scored against Bemidji? I put him as center on the line with Massen and Prpich because Blais was playing him as a center last weekend.

Although I agree that Connelly played well last weekend, I wouldn't put him ahead of Fylling, who I thought played better than he has in recent weeks. I'd like to see him get back in tyhe scoring column. What better time to do it than against CC?

I'm thinking the fourth line will be centered by Genoway with Connelly on one wing and either Canady or Palmiscno on the other.

Tim talked with Assoc. Coach David Hakstol this morning. Comment was made that Tyler P. would see time in the defensive corp. Ryan Hale did a good job on d last weekend, but he is needed on the checking line more. (I honestly don't know if they were kidding about TP being on the d.) Didn't catch if there was talk about who'd be in goal. Yes, it is tough with 3 gone to World Jrs., however, the other players on the team are talented too. It's their chance to step it up. (Talk about UND men's basketball loss on the road and generally about home court/ice advantage/disadvantage.)

A little talk on the strength of CC - Peter S., what can you say, amazing player. The pp of CC is deadly; the number of goals by Tom P. 11 out of his 14 are on the pp. They have snipers. Just as the Sioux are concerned with the Senja line, they (CC) will have to be concerned with Brandon's play (25 goals), as he's on fire right now.

Leadership has to come from upper classmen: JN, KS, DH and crew.