SiouxSports.com Forum

CC Series

dagies

Looking forward to a weekend in the Forks watching the Sioux. Can't wait!!!!!

1. Can the Sioux goaltending hold up?

2. Can the Sioux defense hold up?

3. Will CC have rust from break to loosen up?

4. Will CC be behind the Sioux in figuring out how to absorb the loss of their World Junior players?

5. Will the home crowd be loud (will there be a lot of students?)

Without trying to discount the rest of CC's team, it seems to me (as posted by others previously) that the key matchup this series will be the Sejna line vs. Notermann/Speedwak.

I don't think we can count on many students in the stands. Even stalwarts like this board's own Forecheck will be MIA. The athletic department has already released student tickets for sale to the general public--they don't usually do that until the Thursday morning before a home series.

We definitely need the goaltending to survive against CC. Bochenski is seeing the net so well right now, I don't think we have to worry about offensive production even with Parise absent. Our defense will have some holes in it, as it clearly did in the Subway tourney. I don't think Bemidji would have dared to deliver those early big hits if Mean Matt Greene were on the ice.

I'm sure Blais is whipping the team into shape. They have to know how huge this series is and I believe they will play up to their competition. Unfortunately, it doesn't get any easier after this weekend.

Without trying to discount the rest of CC's team, it seems to me (as posted by others previously) that the key matchup this series will be the Sejna line vs. Notermann/Speedwak.

Agree about the matchup; but what scares me is how the Sioux will react to their horrible showing last weekend against sub-par opponents. Neither Brown nor Bemidji should even be on the same ice as the Sioux, but both made the hometown boys look quite bad.

I sit right behind the Sioux goalie two periods each game; normally it is quite fun to watch the D-men muscle opponents off the puck and into the boards. Once in awhile one of the goalkeepers will make a save. Neither of these occured over the weekend.

People were really worried about not having Zach around; the real obvious ingredients missing from the ice were Green and Jones.

And I honestly can't belive Josh is this team's best hope between the pipes. You can almost see him float away from himself as he daydreams during games.

I was under the impression after watching Blais NOT yank Josh Saturday that he wanted the team to lose to Bemidji; maybe the coaches think the team is taking it's ranking a little too seriously and need a wake-up call.

The key this weekend will be if the Sioux can contain CC and keep the shots down.