SiouxSports.com Forum

UNO vs UND

SiouxMD

Greetings,

The Mavs don't stand a chance this weekend at the Alerus...they apparently have to take on 2 UND football teams...the number 1 & 2 ranked North Dakota...

The Mavericks face one of the season's biggest challenges Saturday when they travel to play No. 1 and 2 ranked North Dakota at The Alerus Center in Grand Forks, N.D.

Source

22 on 11?

I think everyone here realizes that the author meant UND is ranked number 1 or 2 depending on the poll used...but I find this sentence poorly worded.

Biggest game for UND so far this year...

UND 24

UNO 17

I guess it depends on which UNO team shows up...

I can't help but wonder if perhaps we're giving UNO a little too much credit. True, they've more or less had our number in recent years. But this year, which is really all that matters right now, they are a very flawed team, as has been shown by the fact that they've played quite poorly in the second half of the NW Missouri game, and most all of the Central Washington, USD and UMD games. They have a very porous secondary, and questionable special teams. And they've been poor on the road this year. Just as many people were concerned prior to the Winona State, Augie and St. Cloud State games due to what had happened in the past, it seems to be the same for this game. But I honestly expect a similar result here as in those games. UND is the better team, playing at home, and has something to prove. I look for the Sioux to play their most complete game of the year, and put to rest the talk about struggling against Omaha.

I think 2001 turned out fairly well...despite the UNO loss.

My point being; UNO has put a damper on our party in the past. I'm just "discussing" on this "discussion board" the possibilities of a similar outcome as 2001... it is right now looking ironically similar.

I have the feeling this is going to be a great game from beginning to end. Different from other punishments the Sioux have put on teams this season. I'm excited ;) !!!

FARGO RESIDENTS: Those of you who are unable to make it up for the game, this will be played on Cable One's Sioux Sports Channel. #44 I believe.

Although I think the trip is going to be worth it... the Alerus will be rockin!!

I look for the Sioux to play their most complete game of the year, and put to rest the talk about struggling against Omaha.

Agreed... I would love to see this team at its best. As good as we've looked this year, I don't think we've seen how good they really are.

That wouldn't be fair...Lennon is bound to need a break between series...how about Lennon and the AD?

Nah. Buning will be on the sidelines, but I don't think he will be needed. He can stick to the push-ups. Did you see that UNO scores 3 less points against Lennon? He blocks a field goal in the closing seconds of the game. Absolutely amazing!

Nah. Buning will be on the sidelines, but I don't think he will be needed. He can stick to the push-ups. Did you see that UNO scores 3 less points against Lennon? He blocks a field goal in the closing seconds of the game. Absolutely amazing!

Indeed, I saw the final score...Lennon 10 / UNO 7. But, we are bound to have tough games ahead and I think Lennon will need to conserve some of his powers. I am not suggesting that Lennon and the AD share 50/50 only that the AD step in for a series or two. The blocked field goal was amazing...I didn't know he could jump that high! :)

Indeed, I saw the final score...Lennon 10 / UNO 7. But, we are bound to have tough games ahead and I think Lennon will need to conserve some of his powers. I am not suggesting that Lennon and the AD share 50/50 only that the AD step in for a series or two. The blocked field goal was amazing...I didn't know he could jump that high! :)

Oh he can jump that high. I've seen him play noon ball up at the hyslop. He is a 2-sport athlete!!

What I find disturbingly funny, as I mentally picture UNO vs. Lennon, is that Lennon is not wearing a football uniform (or even a helmet). He is standing by himself dressed in his usual polo shirt and khaki's armed only with a stone-like game face and a 1000-yard stare. It gives me the shivers...:);)

GO LENNON!!!

With the conference championship on the line this week as well as a perfect season the Sioux I see this game kind of like the UMD game. I hope the Sioux can come out with their emotions in check and just go out and take care of business. As far as the 2001 annotation, I was apart of that and I truly think that the loss (a close one) helped us out in winning the national championship. This years team seems to be more balanced and has the experience from previous years to go undefeated as long as we can keep our emotions in check. SIOUX 33 UNO 13

GO SIOUX!!!

What I find disturbingly funny, as I mentally picture UNO vs. Lennon, is that Lennon is not wearing a football uniform (or even a helmet). He is standing by himself dressed in his usual polo shirt and khaki's armed only with a stone-like game face and a 1000-yard stare. It gives me the shivers...;);)

GO LENNON!!!

He wears his headphones......

Lennon is the man!

You may need to be more specific... give me details and I will investigate :)

The east wall of the multi-purpose gym at Hyslop. I hit it with a javelin ball about halfway up......I wasn't supposed to throw it that far I guess it got away from me......Later in the week one of my teammates hit one of the windows on the south wall that line the pool. She got in more trouble than I did. *snickers*

The east wall of the multi-purpose gym at Hyslop. I hit it with a javelin ball about halfway up......I wasn't supposed to throw it that far I guess it got away from me......Later in the week one of my teammates hit one of the windows on the south wall that line the pool. She got in more trouble than I did. *snickers*

Sorry, it's been a while since I've been there. But if I ever notice it, I'll be sure to notify the proper authorities. WANTED: HockeyMom on charges Vandalism :)