SiouxSports.com Forum

UMD Bulldogs

SiouxMD

Don't feel sorry for Duluth.  It's 50 degrees, not a cloud in the sky, not even the slightest breeze, and The Lake is a deep blue and calm this morning.  The trees are deep shades of orange, red, and yellow, the creek is babbling outside my window and now I'm headed out the door to tailgate.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This message brought to you by the Duluth Chamber of Commerce. :crazy:

It is a perfect day for an outdoor football game...have fun.  Conditions are the same here in Detroit Lakes...but substitute babbling creek with duck pond and tailgating with Starbucks coffee.  Wish I could be there... :)

backyard2.jpg

Picture taken from my home office this morning...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Can I move in with you? I'll pay for the satelite dish. :crazy:

I find it ironic that nowhere in the UMD press release is North Dakota referred to as the Fighting Sioux.  "Troops" once, but never Sioux.  Always "Bulldogs-North Dakota matchup".http://www.umdbulldogs.com/mens/football/i...3&story_id=1990

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Unfortunately, UMD Chancellor Kathryn Martin was on the NCAA Executive Committee that approved the "hostile and abusive" motion. With her and SCSU's Saigo both in the NCC, who needs enemies when you have 'friends' like them.

To make matters worse, Martin will now chair the Div II President's Council, which would hear UND's final appeal.

http://www.duluthsuperior.com/mld/duluthtr...ts/12821430.htm

Minnesota Duluth Chancellor Kathryn A. Martin has been elected chair of the NCAA Division II Presidents' Council, the school announced Monday.

In her duties as chair, Martin serves as spokesperson for Division II. She also is a member of the Association's Executive Committee and an ex-officio member of the Division II Budget and Finance Committee.

She will preside over the Division II Business Session at the January 2006 NCAA Annual Convention in Indianapolis, Indiana.

Her term runs until January 2007.

Ironically, Ms Martin has been known for "hostile and abusive" behavior herself at sports events. Too bad character doesn't count with the NCAA:

Back in the day, I never understood why my friends at the University of Minnesota-Duluth referred to Chancellor Kathryn Martin as "Chatty Kathy", but I think I'm beginning to understand. My friends always claimed Martin was known for being loud and crabby, especially around students she saw as troublemakers, but I never took them seriously. But according to a Duluth News Tribune article published this week, my friends may be right.

According to sources in the article, Martin likes to attend women's hockey games, and is known for verbally abusing opposing teams. A complaint was filed last week after she allegedly poured water on one of Ohio State's assistant coaches during a game on Feb. 6. The anonymous sources, who work at the university, called Martin a bad fan, and said she gets upset often during games. The coach who got hit with the water confirmed the story.

http://www.dailyramblings.com/ramblings/481.php