SiouxSports.com Forum

Lennon until 2010!

SiouxMD

Was Virg Foss ever this anti-Minnesota for hockey?

I think McFeely is just venting because we turned them away a few years back to end the rivalry. He feels that we should go D-IAA to prove his point: That DI and titles matchups are nothing more than a pissing match between the two schools and that's what should be fostered. I'll explain.

UND wins DI national championships (7) in hockey. NDSU gets jealous. NDSU boosters start pushing a downtown arena to help facilitate a supposed move for NDSU to go DI in hockey. Arena and movement rejected. They then decide, sans conference, to go D-IAA so that they can have DI bragging rights. This, is a pissing match. Now their fans come on here every now and again bragging "Well at least we're DI in ALL sports" and "Our football team rules!" (when they can't find competitive DIAA programs willing to play them save one or two games a season). This is the next step of a pissing match: the throwing down of the gloves to dare UND to follow NDSU for the sole sake of following NDSU and not allowing them to percievedly "one up" UND.

Meanwhile UND is tearing it up in football and did well in hockey yet again. UND may have the "comfortable" choice in remaining DII, but we don't see what NDSU is going through to be what we want and we don't really wish to make the jump at this time.

McFeely is mourning the loss of the pissing match between the two major ND schools.

It seems to me when NDSU was considering the move to DI, McFeely was ripping them.  Now he's decide to turn his idiocy on UND. Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't think you'd want to purposely alienate the fans of the two biggest schools in the state. :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Forgot about that. McFeely is also a radio show host. Maybe he does this for listenership or ratings? Get people fired up so that they can call him up and embarrass themselves on the radio for his own amusement?

Maybe he truly is an idiot who feels left out because no one, NDSU nor UND, asked him for his opinion when decisions were being made.

I thought the McForum wasn't going to write about the lowly DII program at UND. They sent two reporters to the game on Saturday. McFeeley being one of them.

Since there are way more Sioux fans in McFargo than McBison fans, I can't believe he dares to write stuff like this.

Please God, don't let him apply for the Herald opening.

I thought the McForum wasn't going to write about the lowly DII program at UND. They sent two reporters to the game on Saturday. McFeeley being one of them.

Since there are way more Sioux fans in McFargo than McBison fans, I can't believe he dares to write stuff like this.

Please God, don't let him apply for the Herald opening.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Does that mean .....sigh.....that Bohl....getting a 7 year extension......is.......sigh......getting the mighty SU program ready for D I ?!?!?! SIGH!!

Or .....taking 7 years to be a real DIAA program?!?!?