SiouxSports.com Forum

FOX Sports WCHA Review

AZSIOUX

If you are refering to the Potulny brothers and Danny Irmen, I think the answer is no. I think most UND fans recognized that those players would have been big contributors to our program, but it just wasn't meant to be. I for one think that giving up on Grant Potulny too soon was one of the biggest recruiting mistakes of the Blais era. That led to younger brother Ryan following Grant to the U of M and taking his best friend Danny Irmen with him. I guess I can't complain about that since we've taken advantage of family connections to get players in the past (Hoogsteens, Ulmers, Panzers, etc.). But if more North Dakota kids start picking Minnesota in the future, I suppose that sentiment could start creeping into our fan base, too.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Or he could be referring to the fact that every MN recruit is lazy, doesn't play defense, isn't a team player, blah, blah blah...while every UND recruit is solid offensively and defensively, grinds in the corners, is a great team player, saves baby dolphins in his spare time, etc.

Both teams recruit good players - and each team has there share of scores, and muckers/grinders. Can't we all just get along?

...while every UND recruit is solid offensively and defensively, grinds in the corners, is a great team player, saves baby dolphins in his spare time, etc.

Oh my gosh. Are you kidding? That is SO cool. Looks like Hak is bringing in another great character class....

:blush:

Cmon what do you expect. Fox Sports knows as much about hockey as your grandmother, and even less about college hockey.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey, my grandmother knows a lot about hockey!

Or he could be referring to the fact that every MN recruit is lazy, doesn't play defense, isn't a team player, blah, blah blah...while every UND recruit is solid offensively and defensively, grinds in the corners, is a great team player, saves baby dolphins in his spare time, etc.

Both teams recruit good players - and each team has there share of scores, and muckers/grinders.

Perhaps they chose Bina as the player to watch as a tribute to a miraculous recovery should he somehow play again, rather than as a slight to UND by a supposed Gopher-lover?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Did you read that paragraph?

If he comes back this season it could be an inspirational spark? That may be so (despite the medical redshirtting makes this impossible), but he's certainly not a player to watch because, as stated earlier, he's medical redshirting. HE WON"T BE ON THE ICE TO WATCH!

So, yeah, perhaps the author of this article doesn't know much beyond what the people at Minnesota tell him. If he watched any games against the Sioux and read other scouting reports he might have come up with the fact that Bina's inability to play for medical reasons might exclude him from that category and put someone that people will be watching, such as Brian Lee, Travis Zajac, Drew Stafford, Rastislav Spirko, TJ Oshie or Jonathan Toews (to name a few) in that category. He should have looked at our team, instead of all the articles on Bina. No offense to Bina.

Edited by redwing77