SiouxSports.com Forum

Trev Alberts Fired by ESPN

Brent_Bobyck

I feel sorry for you boys if you liked him, but I'm happy to see him go. The only thing he brought to the table was his undying love of Nebraska.

You'll probably see him as a sideline reporter or maybe even doing something with Fox Sports Net or something like that. Maybe he can take over the Craig Bohl Show :lol:

I feel sorry for you boys if you liked him, but I'm happy to see him go.  The only thing he brought to the table was his undying love of Nebraska. 

You'll probably see him as a sideline reporter or maybe even doing something with Fox Sports Net or something like that.  Maybe he can take over the Craig Bohl Show :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wasn't Trev Alberts' biggest fan, particularly when his big game of the week seemed to always involve Nebraska, but it was fun watching the banter back and forth with Mark May.

I feel sorry for you boys if you liked him, but I'm happy to see him go.  The only thing he brought to the table was his undying love of Nebraska. 

You'll probably see him as a sideline reporter or maybe even doing something with Fox Sports Net or something like that.  Maybe he can take over the Craig Bohl Show :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He has been very critical of Nebraska in the last few years as they have struggled. Yes, he does love his alma mater but no more than Stuart Scott loves North Carolina or Scott Van Pelt loves Maryland. How could you not love your alma mater. I believe he has been very fair to other schools even in the Big 12 and it almost seems like he has picked on Nebraska more than normal to squash his "Nebraska Bias." Truth be told he knew all the ins and outs of college football and in my opinion is better than Kirk Herbstreit. Even though I like him I would not watch him if he joined Fox Sports. Hopefully he can land a gig on ABC and replace that loud mouth Terry Bowden. That seems doubtful thought because ABC and ESPN are both Disney owned.

Personally, I think it's far funnier watching Lee Corso say something like this:

"Not so fast my friend...I look for Temple to pull off the BIG UPSET against Tennessee today. The Volunteers are ripe for the picking."

Fast-forward to the 6:00 pm Sportscenter where they are showing highlights of The Vols' 70-3 victory over the Owls... :lol:

In one game last year, he donned the mascot hat of the LSU Tigers at the end of College GameDay and Chris Fowler busted out in laughter because the Georgia fans behind him were all high-fiving and going nuts because they obviously felt better about Lee picking against them.

Edited by MafiaMan

Personally, I think it's far funnier watching Lee Corso say something like this:

"Not so fast my friend...I look for Temple to pull of the BIG UPSET against Tennessee today.  The Volunteers are ripe for the picking." 

Fast-forward to the 6:00 pm Sportscenter where they are showing highlights of The Vols' 70-3 victory over the Owls...  :lol:

In one game last year, he donned the mascot hat of the LSU Tigers at the end of College GameDay and Chris Fowler busted out in laughter because the Georgia fans behind him were all high-fiving and going nuts because they obviously felt better about Lee picking against them.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's great. "Not so fast my friend" How many times does he say that. yeah I like watching those guys, just cause they have so much fun doing it, but how can you not? I love when Corso pulls out the Gator head and does the chomp, or pulls out the head dress and does the tomahawk chop.

I am glad that they didn't bring back Mr Notre Dame Raghib Ismail this season.  Speaking of homers...wasn't it two years ago that he predicted a big Irish upset in The Big House against Michigan and the Wolverines threw a 48-0 smackdown on God's team?

I don't know about you guys, but if it meant me getting a 4th spot on the College GameDay show, I'd cut my right arm off if asked to.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh man, the Rocket was HORRIBLE! I don't think Desmond Howard is any better though.

Jack Arute, now there's my man! Always up to something.

Right arm and left arm. At least I'ld get to wear the headset then!

Oh man, the Rocket was HORRIBLE!  I don't think Desmond Howard is any better though. 

Jack Arute, now there's my man!  Always up to something.

Right arm and left arm.  At least I'ld get to wear the headset then!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They need to bring in the Cogswell Cannon for the 4th man.