SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA hockey video game

PCM

How hard would it be to update the game to have the current rosters for the WCHA and a few of the other big teams?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't think it would be all that hard, but it would require a lot of time that I don't have. Plus, you'd have to make a lot of assumptions about early departures and make some wild guesses about how to rate the lesser-known incoming freshmen.

In other words, it's much easier (and more realistic) to create rosters based on real stats, firsthand observations and on the opinions of those who have seen players perform in the WCHA than it is to make predictions and project future performance.

I have pretty much given up on EA for hockey, but this year might be good for them. With a new project manager, next year's will likely be better.

I'd be surprised if EA Sports ever made a stand-alone college hockey game. However, an option that I think is realistic for the PC is to make a downloadable college hockey add-on for the NHL series. That way, EA could cut a lot of the costs associated with producing, marketing and distributing a full game. You'd just go to the EA Sports Web site, give a credit card number, download a patch file and install it. Those who want the college hockey option and are willing to pay for it could get it.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be surprised if EA Sports ever made a stand-alone college hockey game. However, an option that I think is realistic for the PC is to make a downloadable college hockey add-on for the NHL series. That way, EA could cut a lot of the costs associated with producing, marketing and distributing a full game. You'd just go to the EA Sports Web site, give a credit card number, download a patch file and install it. Those who want the college hockey option and are willing to pay for it could get it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I just meant the EA NHL game, although I did hear something about EA getting the rights to NCAA hockey. I am not interested in PC hockey games. However, you can download patches now with the Xbox. I think the Xbox 360 and PS3 would also allow for college patches and additions. Get a PS3 next year and we can play online. :ohmy:

Fedorov,

do you play EA nhl or nhl2k5 online??

I just meant the EA NHL game, although I did hear something about EA getting the rights to NCAA hockey. I am not interested in PC hockey games. However, you can download patches now with the Xbox. I think the Xbox 360 and PS3 would also allow for college patches and additions. Get a PS3 next year and we can play online. :ohmy:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i play 2k5 online with ps2..pretty fun..

I only have NHL 2K5. I played it online with the PS2, but I have since upgraded to an xbox and haven't played online. I might have to break down and get xbox live this year.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I haven't tried it, but Xbox Live is supposed to have really good stats. I prefer to have a free service like it was for the ps2. NHL 2K6 is looking pretty good so far. It could be out by the end of the month.

I've made some more changes to the roster database files.

A. Quinn Fylling no longer weighs 255 pounds. I wondered why he looked like a bowling ball on skates. Talk about density! :ohmy:

B. Wisconsin's Robbie Earl is now black. Plus, I tinkered with his ratings a bit. I thought that his offense ratings were too low and his defense ratings were too high, so I changed them.

I haven't tried it, but Xbox Live is supposed to have really good stats. I prefer to have a free service like it was for the ps2. NHL 2K6 is looking pretty good so far. It could be out by the end of the month.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How? Each team only had like five guys signed to them for when they had to start producing the game. They should just wait a month or so and get the players on the proper teams.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Better game play than the EA, but they have a glitch in the game. If you play dynasty with injuries on it'll lock up about 60 games into the schedule. I got that info straight from tech support.

I like to trade for all the former Sioux and get them on the same team. :ohmy:

my season is with the coyotes with all former sioux...i roll 3 lines with almost all sioux..i came upon that glitch as well...can't believe that made it through inspection of the game..2k6 will be out soon..

lines

belfour

bayda,goren,hrkac,

blake,wilson,johnson

roche,commodore, hale

add bochesnki and parise manually

and my buddy from growing up joe motzko (st cloud)

Better game play than the EA, but they have a glitch in the game. If you play dynasty with injuries on it'll lock up about 60 games into the schedule. I got that info straight from tech support.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How?  Each team only had like five guys signed to them for when they had to start producing the game.  They should just wait a month or so and get the players on the proper teams.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They release roster updates online for both consoles. They will release one shortly after opening night so they can have Crosby and the other rookies in the game.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There is a way to fix the glich. You have to go to every team and find which ones have incomplete rosters and fix them. It is a pain, but it beats "the glich".

Is this just a ratings systerm and you make the players yourself?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, they will make the players with the updates. It also can mean that you will lose some players if they have left the team or retired. You can still edit players after the update if you want. It is very nice to have the updates, they just need to have them more often.

i downloaded from the directions and opened the program but the logos and jerseys are still NHL teams.  i have the rosters from the college teams but they have NHL logos.  how can i fix this.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Did you rename any files that you downloaded? That was a problem that I ran into.

Is there something you have to do to get the changes to take effect when using the NHLview editor? I am pretty sure I am editing the correct DB. Is there a selection under rosters you have to make?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you saving your changes after you make them?

What I do after opening the database files is click on the Team button under the Players tab. That sorts the players by team so that all the players are listed together with their respective teams. You can then scroll to the team of your choice and see all the players listed together. Just click on the player you want to edit and change his settings to your heart's content.

Be sure to save the changes before you exit. If you're editing the right files, you should see your changes in effect when you restart the game.