SiouxSports.com Forum

2005-06 ND Highschool Hockey

alum05

I'll be going up to Grand Forks sometime in the late afternoon for the championship game, and hopefully some of the prior game. I'll again be posting updates live from rinkside tonight for all those in parts of the state without radio coverage. :D

I did hear last night that WDAY will not be carrying the RR/South game due to the Bison bouncyball game but it should be on the GF station.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did they recently change that rule? I remember a couple of years ago West Fargo beat Grafton at the EDC, but ended up getting the 4th seed into the tourny. I like the rule change though, because North should be the 3rd seed if they beat Central and Grafton wins.

Wilbur, I am not sure when they changed the rule but I have the 2005 and 2006 Region programs in front of me and on the back page of each they have a note indicating that, "If the winners of Games 9 and 10 played each other during the region tournament, the winner of that game will have the #3 seed. Otherwise they will be seeded for the state tournament by their finish in the regular season standings." Games 9 and 10 are the loser out games on the last day of the Region tourney.

The East Region program for 2001 has the winners of those two games moving on to state on the basis of their regular season finish in EDC. So, the change took place in one of the following seasons - 2002, 2003, or 2004 - I can't find any of my old programs for those years.

I did hear last night that WDAY will not be carrying the RR/South game due to the Bison bouncyball game but it should be on the GF station.

I heard them (WDAY) say last night in the postgame after North/South that they will be have it on but will break away when the Bison game starts but will provide periodic updates. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

I heard them (WDAY) say last night in the postgame after North/South that they will be have it on but will break away when the Bison game starts but will provide periodic updates. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Yep your right...my bad. But it will be on knox.