SiouxSports.com Forum

Recruiting Efforts of UND Coaches

UND Fan

I wouldn't doubt it.  It have to realize that athlete's have to lift some where (UND has very good strength facilities), study some where, and train some where indoors (UND has able indoor space already and a new indoor practice facility would be a huge asset to all outdoor sports).

It's likely that the strength facilities and the indoor training options outweighed an off campus field (that is pretty good too).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No one uses the Ralph's weight room other than the hockey team!

The Hyslop weight room is pretty well put together and nice for "the other sports" with out hockey (in the Ralph) and football (in memorial stadium) the other sports have time to lift as a team and the focus from a full time coach.

To think that UND has a weight room in Hyslop, the Ralph, the stadium, and plans for one in the Betty. All of them are very well cared for and very schools in the nation can match the strength facilities.

The Hyslop weight room is pretty well put together and nice for "the other sports"  with out hockey (in the Ralph) and football (in memorial stadium) the other sports have time to lift as a team and the focus from a full time coach.

To think that UND has a weight room in Hyslop, the Ralph, the stadium, and plans for one in the Betty.  All of them are very well cared for and very schools in the nation can match the strength facilities.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree, but what I'm saying is that it would surprise me very much if a kid was going to play baseball for UND simply because the hockey, football, basketball, and volleyball teams have nice facilities. Just doesn't make sense, there has to be a bigger reason then THAT!

I agree, but what I'm saying is that it would surprise me very much if a kid was going to play baseball for UND simply because the hockey, football, basketball, and volleyball teams have nice facilities. Just doesn't make sense, there has to be a bigger reason then THAT!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maybe that baseball player is a hockey, football, basketball, and volleyball fan. And them having nice facilities is the reason he wants to play baseball for the Sioux and surprise certain people. Having nice facilities athletic and nonathletic all over campus helps recruiting (athletes and non athletes).

But obviously no kid is going to play baseball for the Sioux JUST BECAUSE the other teams have nice facilities.

• 2 weeks later...

BTW - Zig does a great job with what he's got (+-5 scholarships and a field suited for a decent legion team). Think about it...UND is a pretty tough baseball school...you can't get on the homefield much before the middle of April (if you're lucky!) We've actually had pretty good teams here recently and given the circumstances (low scholarships and adverse conditions) we should be thanking GOD we have as good a baseball team as we do!