SiouxSports.com Forum

Sept 10 - Winona State vs North Dakota

wsuwarrior

While it's probably a little early to start talking about week three of the season, is anyone coming to Winona for this battle of two fantastic Northwest Region teams?

I'm already chomping at the bit for the college football season to get underway, fall Saturdays are so much fun!

While it's probably a little early to start talking about week three of the season, is anyone coming to Winona for this battle of two fantastic Northwest Region teams?

I'm already chomping at the bit for the college football season to get underway, fall Saturdays are so much fun!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's never too early to start talking about Football!! :silly::blush:

Will be there for sure - what is the ticket situation at WSU? Last season at St. Cloud I was told three times that the game was sold out before I finally caught some, then the playoff game had seats unsold. Hopefully the WSU athletics has more of a clue about the possibility of visiting fans.

I just moved back to GF.  I had been down in that area the last 3 years, I think I'll head back and watch the Sioux whoop up on Winona and visit friends after.  How big is the stadium?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Big enough to be home, small enough that I expect visiting fans will make fun of it.

About 3.5k for seating, but there is standing room for another 2k.

Will be there for sure - what is the ticket situation at WSU?  Last season at St. Cloud I was told three times that the game was sold out before I finally  caught some, then the playoff game had seats unsold.  Hopefully the WSU athletics has more of a clue about  the  possibility of visiting fans.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you are worried, contact the athletic office.

Will be there for sure - what is the ticket situation at WSU?  Last season at St. Cloud I was told three times that the game was sold out before I finally  caught some, then the playoff game had seats unsold.  Hopefully the WSU athletics has more of a clue about  the  possibility of visiting fans.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maybe you should have tried the day tickets went on sale for the regular season game. If the game is sold out, it is sold out. There were UND fans that bought tickets outside of the visiting section. I guess you called too late. Should every UM hockey fan get a seat automatically when they call the REA for tickets?

I have been to the scsu new stadium which is really nice. Couldn't they add a few thousand seats in the 2 endzones if they decided to expand. My one suggestion to scsu is to turn the sound from the PA guy down. My ears were ringing after that game.

I have been to the scsu new stadium which is really nice.  Couldn't they add a few thousand seats in the 2 endzones if they decided to expand.  My one suggestion to scsu is to turn the sound from the PA guy down.  My ears were ringing after that game.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You thought the PA from an outdoor stadium was too loud?? Oh man, you're in trouble if you go to the Alerus!! Ya better bring some ear protection. Might I suggest going the extra mile and get the ear covering headphones instead of just the cheapo foam ear plugs. ;):)

I am legitimately curious. With all of the conference shuffling going on these days, why has Winona State not been invited to join the NCC? I have garnered some respect for their FB team the last couple of yrs but admittedly don't know much about their other sports programs. I know they have a pretty decent fan base so why have they not been invited into the NCC? Is it $$$$, lack of support, complacency in running the tables in the NSIC??? What is it?

GO BISON!!

2005 Great West Champions

http://siouxsports.com/forums/index.php?sh...ndpost&p=106928

Here's my response on the subject from a different thread:

However there are major financial issues still at concern for Winona State before that jump is made.

1) Scholarships: More scholly dollars need to be in the system.

2) Facilities need an upgrade.

Midwest Wireless Stadium (football, women's soccer, softball) has improved greatly over the past five years. New bleachers, increased capacity, new ticket booth, and a new pressbox with luxury suites. Softball NEEDS to move out of the football stadium, bar none. It just plain looks ugly with a snow fence.

Memorial Hall (men's and women's basketball, volleyball, gymnastics, women's indoor track) The Volleyball team will certainly benefit from the new volleyball specific floor and arena set up in the south end of the fieldhouse. I would love to see the basketball team with a better set up. Under the best circumstances, I'd like a set up like MSU-Mankato. Failing that, a set up like Southwest Minnesota State would increase the seating capacity. Sadly, a new set up can't happen for seating until space is found for spring teams to practice It would be nice to have a new base floor placed for the track team, I can't imagine the indoor set up is the friendly to run on).

Loughrey Field (baseball) The baseball team's facilities have gotten better with a great new press box, although more seating would be nice.

St. Teresa's Tennis Center (men's and women's tennis) A great set up for tennis from what I understand. No real complaints.

Cedar Valley Golf Course (men's and women's golf) It was nice enough for the NCAA to award the Regional, so I have no complaints (although, I'm not a golfer, I'm not sure what could be changed from that end).

Lake Park (men's and women's cross country) - beautiful set up, crowd friendly. It could be better in some respects, but for all things considered, it's nice.

Paul Giel Field (outdoor women's track) I'm not sure I've seen a home meet since I started here four years ago, so I'm guessing this is what would be used if they hosted something here (perhaps Winona State and Saint Mary's could build a joint stadium).

Once the facility upgrades happen and scholarships go up, I could see this as more of a possibility. But that's gonna take money and time. One we have, and one we're working on.

• 3 weeks later...

Why does the Ncc want winona state in the Ncc... Its going to be a good GAme i should wear my UND shirt with my UND hat (lol) the only thing i like about UND is the girls that go there and the UND hockey team and the building that they playin is pretty nice to bad UND doesnt play on the field by the train tracks and what is that new sports bar called by the UND campus.. whats the score going to be wsu vs UND

Why does  the Ncc want winona state in the Ncc... Its going to be a good GAme i should wear my UND shirt with my UND hat (lol) the only thing i like about UND is the girls that go there and the UND hockey team and the building that they playin is pretty nice to bad  UND doesnt play on the field by the train tracks and what is that new sports bar called by the UND campus.. whats the score going to be wsu vs UND

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just a quick question... Have you ever heard of sentences? Maybe next time you could try a period. :D