SiouxSports.com Forum

Mike Greenwood

jimmoe

I heard mike greenwood is leaving the sioux to go home to Jamestown and reunite with coach dosch. I heard it was a matter of wanting to be back with dosch and also being closer to home. I was wondering if anyone knows what position he will play. I heard through the grapevine they want him as a WR and DB. I think JC will be a great fit for this kid to really dominate.

I heard mike greenwood is leaving the sioux to go home to Jamestown and reunite with coach dosch.  I heard it was a matter of wanting to be back with dosch and also being closer to home.  I was wondering if anyone knows what position he will play.  I heard through the grapevine they want him as a WR and DB.  I think JC will be a great fit for this kid to really dominate.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Where did you hear that? He is a hell of a player and will play a lot. He will be an all conference player before he is done for the Sioux and likely an academic all-american. (he is a 4.0 GPA student) and they like him. They play two sets of DB's so he gets a lot of playing time. Why would he give up being a stud and having a good shot at two National Chapionships in the next two years to play for the Jimmies? He had a hell of a spring scrimmage.

So can anyone else either confirm or deny that Greenwood is leaving? If a kid is going to leave, typically you'd think it would be in the first year or two since that's when he's most likely to be homesick or frustrated that playing time is still a year or two away. I don't recall UND losing a football player to another program who has played a lot and would likely continue to play a lot.

So can anyone else either confirm or deny that Greenwood is leaving? If a kid is going to leave, typically you'd think it would be in the first year or two since that's when he's most likely to be homesick or frustrated that playing time is still a year or two away. I don't recall UND losing a football player to another program who has played a lot and would likely continue to play a lot.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mike Greenwood is not leaving UND according to Mike Greenwood himself. He is doing very well athletically and academically. He has no clue where the rumor came from.

Mike Greenwood is not leaving UND according to Mike Greenwood himself.  He is doing very well athletically and academically.  He has no clue where the rumor came from.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank GOD. I don't know what the Sioux secondary would do without him.

innocent mistake, I was speaking with a lady from Jamestown at the local bar the other night. She said she had her that through the vines, I found it hard to believe myself. But I did know mike fit well in coach dosch's kick off team so I thought maybe it was true he would like to go and reunite.