event. This policy is enforceable under the Student Conduct Code. To

avoid trouble, be sure not to join crowds following the games-

"observers" who do not respond to police instruction will be treated as

rioters.

I ask your help in making these events safe and enjoyable opportunities

to demonstrate that fans at the University of Minnesota know how to

celebrate and use good judgment.

Thank you.

Thank you Fighting Sioux for saving Dinkytown from the resident idiots at Minnesota. :lol:

EDIT: Clearly this is not everyone...

Funny, but I had heard that 10,000 Gopher fans showed up at Mariucci expecting to see the UND/UM game in person. I guess they figured that since Minnesota qualified for the Frozen Four, the tournament would be moved from Columbus to accomodate the local fans. :lol:

Funny, but I had heard that 10,000 Gopher fans showed up at Mariucci expecting to see the UND/UM game in person.  I guess they figured that since Minnesota qualified for the Frozen Four, the tournament would be moved from Columbus to accomodate the local fans.  :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's funny! ???

Funny, but I had heard that 10,000 Gopher fans showed up at Mariucci expecting to see the UND/UM game in person.  I guess they figured that since Minnesota qualified for the Frozen Four, the tournament would be moved from Columbus to accomodate the local fans.  :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

good one

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It was a Friday night game, so of course Gopher fans would think that. ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Will you be saying the same thing next year when UND hosts at the Ralph. It goes in cycles and every team had the same opportunity to bid on the regionals. Late 90's we got had in the Yost more than once. The last few years we have been lucky enough to host the regions three time. Once we were not in it, but the other time certainly helped us get to the FF. You will have the chance to win a region on your home ice next year, left see what you do with that advantage. ;)

This is as bad as Minnesota had it in Yost...a 2002 game against CC (which had beaten Michigan State). Yawn. I hope you're not still whining about playing the 1997 regional against Michigan in Grand Rapids, again, over two hours from Ann Arbor. That would be like claiming an unfair home ice advantage for your beloved Gophers...if they were playing in Fergus Falls.

2002 West Regional Bracket @ Yost

Edited by MafiaMan

Okay, you got me on that one. When you get old the memory is one of the first thinns to go :lol: 93-93 season we played in Munn arena on Michigan States campus, 94-95 we played at the Dane when Wisconsin called that home ice, 95-95 back to the MUnn arena and 01-02 we played CC at Yost. Throw in a couple of Van Andel apperances over the years and I would say it was time for the Gophers to get a few game at Maruicci in a regional.