SiouxSports.com Forum

The Frozen Four & D1 Money question

Riverman

From this article, Frozen Four team(s) will collect only expenses, it appears the Big Ten and Sunbelt conferences will be the recipients of Frozen Four money. How those conference divide up the revenue may be up to their conference bylaws.

Profits from NCAA tournaments now are shared among schools in multisport conferences such as the Big Ten, which includes Minnesota and Wisconsin of the WCHA, and the Sun Belt Conference, which includes Denver of the WCHA. Other WCHA schools are left out of the financial windfall.

Mark Bedics, the NCAA's media coordinator for the men's hockey championship, said the NCAA reimburses the travel, food and hotel expenses for up to 31 members of a participating school. If a school decides to bring its band and cheerleaders, playing for a national championship quickly becomes expensive.

I knew there was $$$ to be made!!

As my ticket prices and my "forced donation" I mean Club Level go up..... :D

It makes one wonder why we (UND) is not pushing this issue more?

Big hairy deal NCAA pays back part of the $$$ for (Quote) costs. The last time I checked the C in NCAA did not mean cash!!!

Enough rant for now!!! Thanks for posting the link star2city!!! ;)

I guess things could be worse I wonder how NDSU's Audit will go??? :ohmy: