SiouxSports.com Forum

Relay For Life.

bigmrg74

I was wondering if the University of North Dakota has any events for the American Cancer Society such as a Relay For Life event there?? I'm involved in one at GVSU this year and I thought it might be interesting to see other D2 schools out there doing it as well, so that we could have a friendly little compition to see who's school can raise the most for a very good cause. Thanks a lot. :lol:

why don't you contact the university?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

1. I'm not in North Dakota silly.

2. I'm also kinda lazy. :D

3. I was hopeing to find somebody else out there in NoDak that was actually doing the Relay there, so that way, we could engage in a little friendly compition as to who can gather up the most donations from their teams fans and alumni via online donations thru the American Cancer Society's Relay For Life website. Seems how now GVSU and UND are such rivals in football now, I thought it would be fun to engage in a little friendly compition all in the spirit of a good cause like Relay For Life is. :lol:;)

1.  I'm not in North Dakota silly.

2.  I'm also kinda lazy.  :D

3.  I was hopeing to find somebody else out there in NoDak that was actually doing the Relay there, so that way, we could engage in a little friendly compition as to who can gather up the most donations from their teams fans and alumni via online donations thru the American Cancer Society's Relay For Life website.  Seems how now GVSU and UND are such rivals in football now, I thought it would be fun to engage in a little friendly compition all in the spirit of a good cause like Relay For Life is.  :lol:  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Contacting the university, through email or by telephone would be the best route. You don't have to live here to do that.

Yeah, that would be kinda wierd to have it on a weeknight instead of a weekend. ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Anyways, GVSU's Relay was this weekend and here we raised over 72,000 dollars for the ACS. We shattered our record from last year by about 20,000. If yepdude is right, you guys have got a week to come up with a respectible amount to ours. :lol::lol:

Anyways, GVSU's Relay was this weekend and here we raised over 72,000 dollars for the ACS. We shattered our record from last year by about 20,000. If yepdude is right, you guys have got a week to come up with a respectible amount to ours. :lol::lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

AND there was a bag with a candle (a luminaria? or whatever) with the FIGHTING SIOUX logo on it in Allendale!!! (It was worth the price of admission just to imagine the monster explaining THAT to Laker fans :silly: NOT to mentions visualizing him walking LAP after LAP without the benefit of alcohol :lol::lol::lol: )

PS - I really considered it a worthy donation to a worthy cause!!!! We've got some time so lets make Louie the Laker sweat like a pig (with a candle's help! :lol: ) and help us out in University Park!!! Throw down the gauntlet at...

GVFOOTBALL.COM

..tell 'em SIOUXYOU sent ya...

AND there was a bag with a candle (a luminaria? or whatever) with the FIGHTING SIOUX logo on it in Allendale!!! (It was worth the price of admission just to imagine the monster explaining THAT to Laker fans :silly: NOT to mentions visualizing him walking LAP after LAP without the benefit of alcohol :lol::lol::lol: )

PS - I really considered it a worthy donation to a worthy cause!!!! We've got some time so lets make Louie the Laker sweat like a pig (with a candle's help! :lol: ) and help us out in University Park!!! Throw down the gauntlet at...

GVFOOTBALL.COM

..tell 'em SIOUXYOU sent ya...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not to mention that they put me in a dress for all to see without the benefit of alcohol. :D I'll get those pictures developed shortly, SMN. :lol: