SiouxSports.com Forum

Ziegelmann??

amn5hol

Any word on whether Blais is going after hometown boy, Nate Ziegelmann??

He's been standing on his head the past few weeks and the following article from here in Lincoln only mentions CC and UMD as having contacted him yet.

http://www.journalstar.com/sports.php?story_id=4555

You'll notice that the article mentions Potulny and Irmen turning to the dark-side, but if anyone wants first-hand reports on Sioux recruits Porter and Lammy, just let me know.

Your friendly Lincoln, Nebraska Sioux Fan,

Craig

I have known the Ziegelmann family for years and know for a fact, as of a month ago when I chatted with his father, that UND had not even spoken to him and has shown absolutely no interest.

It is too bad. He is a great kid and obviously he has good skills.

In another vein, did anybody happen to notice that Parise's brother, Jordan, finished in the top five in the Goalies' World Goaltender of the Month race?

http://www.ushl.com/ushl0203/pr/gotm1105.htm

Is Blais alienating some of the GF kids?

Lincoln has been a breeding ground for future Sioux players, including many from the Grand Forks area. So when I see GF kids that are not only quality hockey players, but quality people like Grant and Ryan Potulny and Danny Irmen committing to Minnesota, it makes me wonder what's going on.

With the concern that I've heard over the Sioux's goaltending situation this year, it only makes sense to recruit the best goaltender out there. Blais will be hard-pressed to find anybody better than Ziegelmann right now and he grew up in GF!

but if anyone wants first-hand reports on Sioux recruits Porter and Lammy, just let me know.

Your friendly Lincoln, Nebraska Sioux Fan,

Craig

amn,

I curious how Porter has been looking. His -7 plus/minus rating is ugly, especially on such a good team. Has he been playing center or wing? What will he bring to the Sioux next year?

Ryan Potulny followed his brother Grant to Minnesota. How'd Grant get to Minnesota? That's a long story that you really don't want to get into.

Dan Irmen is actually a Fargo kid. He played freshman year at Fargo North and then transferred to GFRR for a year to play hockey. His junior and senior (now) years he'll spent at Lincoln.

UND is log-jammed at goaltender. Why? The plan was Kollar, then Brandt, then bring in Sedevie, and then Lamoureux.

Well, Kollar's senior year was what it was. Brandt really didn't instill any confidence backing him up early last year either. Sedevie was hurt twice at Sioux Falls last season (shoulder, knee) and only saw a few games. He couldn't come in at Christmas, so, enter Josh Siembida. Fit that name into that string I rattled off (above).

As much as I'd love to see Nate in the crease, at this point I really don't want to (as it would mean that Siembida and Brandt aren't cutting it).

Unless something really falls apart in the crease, or unless Sedevie has another questionable season, it just seems that Nate is the odd-man out. :D

Hey, Moreland from GFC is the #1 goalie at SCSU right now. Gasparini was at Duluth. It's happened before.

UND is fine with the Grand Forks and North Dakota kids. Evidence: Schneider, Fuher, Massen and Fylling (and Sedevie).

I'd have loved to get Ryan Potulny, but I wouldn't trade what's coming instead either. You're limited as to what you can bring in so it makes for some really tough choices. That's why Dean Blais makes the big bucks! :0