SiouxSports.com Forum

Partytime in Columbus.

Let'sGoHawks!

Here's the scoop direct from the Buckeye's mouth (He is an ME, so information should be at least technically correct). Not much around the Arena.

The Varsity Club is the most authentic college bar. It is located East on Lane from the Schott. A 15 min walk.

The Buckeye Hall Of Fame Cafe, is on Olentangy River Rd, South of the Schott. It is a pain the *ss to get there, with some traffic problem, and has Valet parking. Advantage is it's large size. They may have a shuttle service to the Schott. Will forward when my daughter finds out.

There is a Champ's sports bar, one exit South of the Schott.

There also is a Damon's, just North of the Schott on Olentangy River Rd.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just booked our flights, hotel and car! We are set...2 coming from Arkansas, one from MSP and one from Fargo. We are staying at the Holiday Inn downtown...looks like a close place to the arena. The research begins for the hotspots! My sister got her flight out of MSP for $373.00 on ATA....not bad. Mine on the otherhand -- had to burn 50,000 miles, but couldn't think of a better way to use those miles!!!!!!!!

Sioux, yeah yeah!

Just booked our flights, hotel and car!  We are set...2 coming from Arkansas, one from MSP and one from Fargo.  We are staying at the Holiday Inn downtown...looks like a close place to the arena.  The research begins for the hotspots!  My sister got her flight out of MSP for $373.00 on ATA....not bad.  Mine on the otherhand -- had to burn 50,000 miles, but couldn't think of a better way to use those miles!!!!!!!!

Sioux, yeah yeah!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Siouxbear,

If you're staying downtown you're not that close to the arena. The games are on the Ohio State campus at the Schottenstein arena. I'm guessing you were like me and thought the games were at the Nationwide Arena.

We're staying downtownn at the Hyatt Regency. They have a shuttle to and from the arena on game days. Starts Thursday at 10:30AM and goes until midnight and then Starts on Saturday at 4:30 PM and goes until midnight. If you decide to try the Hyatt check online first. We got a big discount by booking online and prepaying.

If you end up downtown, check with your hotel about shuttles to the Schottenstein since I heard other downtown hotels are also running shuttles.

I've also heard that you can take the Airport shuttle (Arts) to just about anyplace for around $15.

The only "tourist" place I've heard of is the German Village for the off day on Friday. If you want to head to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland, its about 145 miles to Cleveland. If you decide to drive to Cincinnati it's about 100 miles. Pittsburgh is about 185 miles away. That's it for the bigger towns around Columbus.

I guess we'll just have to find a bar, some Sioux fans and party. No dirty Gophers allowed thought :angry:

We're staying downtownn at the Hyatt Regency. They have a shuttle to and from the arena on game days. Starts Thursday at 10:30AM and goes until midnight and then Starts on Saturday at 4:30 PM and goes until midnight. If you decide to try the Hyatt check online first. We got a big discount by booking online and prepaying.

If you end up downtown, check with your hotel about shuttles to the Schottenstein since I heard other downtown hotels are also running shuttles.

I've also heard that you can take the Airport shuttle (Arts) to just about anyplace for around $15.

The only "tourist" place I've heard of is the German Village for the off day on Friday. If you want to head to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland, its about 145 miles to Cleveland. If you decide to drive to Cincinnati it's about 100 miles. Pittsburgh is about 185 miles away. That's it for the bigger towns around Columbus.

I guess we'll just have to find a bar, some Sioux fans and party. No dirty Gophers allowed thought :angry:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You could go to Toledo and see where Katie Holmes is from. :lol:

Back to the "party" subject, how many have booked their flights and who from this website will be there. It would be great to figure how where everyone is staying and how we can all meet up together somewhere! So start posting about your plans for the greatest Frozen Four ever!!!!

YaneA -- I'm assuming the "signs" message will pop up soon!

Back to the "party" subject, how many have booked their flights and who from this website will be there.  It would be great to figure how where everyone is staying and how we can all meet up together somewhere!  So start posting about your plans for the greatest Frozen Four ever!!!!

YaneA -- I'm assuming the "signs" message will pop up soon!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just booked my flights. Don't know where to stay, yet. Anybody got the scoop on where the Charter or Pearson folks will stay?

Anybody else having trouble finding much information on Columbus and local events surrounding the Frozen Four?

i have had my flights from az for a while..get plane tix every year then just wait and hope.. fly in wed night from phx.. my grandpa and i are coming..my uncle and a buddy coming from g-forks..we are getting our game tix and hotel and car rental as we speak....can't wait to meet many of you on this board...will post more info as i hear whats going on....hope they have a cool fanfest by the arena..it was very cool in providence in 2000 and albany was not as good in 2001...

Re: Things to do in Columbus;

One of the better US zoos is in the city;

http://www.colszoo.org/

Ohio State's Baseball team is playing Purdue that Friday evening. Here's the athletic Dept's site;

http://ohiostatebuckeyes.collegesports.com/

There's a COSI downtown. They currently have a display of artifacts from the Titanic.

http://culture.ohio.gov/project.asp?proj=cosic

And it's the state capital. I think you can get a tour of the capitol building most any time.

Have fun while you're all in Central Ohio! I graduated from UND in '73. Haven't seen the Sioux live since then. Am trying to get tix.