SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota Hockey

siouxnami

I would have to agree. I was impressed with Hakstol's control over the team after the Bina injury. I fully expected Smaby to go out and kill someone, he had been very physical the last few weeks and since he had been partnered with Bina many times, you tend to think he took it a little harder. But, I think Dave calmed everyone and no on took a stupid penalty after it. I know personally I would have flown off the handle, but that was just me.

That's a BIG 10-4. Just some of the many reasons why the Sioux have the greatest tradition, and fan support, in all of college hockey.

Same can be said for the fans. Game over. little to no running of the mouth. Not the case with some, but not all, fans from around the league.

Hakstol and his staff are world class guys. As are the men who play for them.

Four more!!

That's a BIG 10-4.  Just some of the many reasons why the Sioux have the greatest tradition, and fan support, in all of college hockey.

Same can be said for the fans.  Game over. little to no running of the mouth.  Not the case with some, but not all, fans from around the league.

Hakstol and his staff are world class guys.  As are the men who play for them.

Four more!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

North Dakota Hockey

first of all I want to say that UND has some of the best fans in the league but to say they dont run their mouth or show lack of taste then you did not hear or see what I witnessed. Alot of UND fans (not exaggerating) where giving Wisconsin and Minnesoita fans crap in the concourses on Saturday night because there teams did not win any games at the final five. I know its just good nature in the most part but to say they don't run there mouth is alittle much. The second thing I witnessed was all in out classless. Some Sioux fans held up some tastless signs directed at Tyler Hirsh, they were also saying some very derogitory comments about Hirsch's

act on Friday night. Some Gopher parents were close by and came down to confront the fans and things got very very close to arupting, luckily security came down to break it up. I know a few fans donot make up the entire fan base but Some Sioux fans are no diiferent than any other fan in the league when it comes to being idiots.

Except Matt Greene may have had more ability to make decisions about his actions than Hirsch has right now. From what we know right now Tyler Hirsch may have some mental or personal problems beyond what he's able to manage.

I can see ripping players for making bad personal decisions. But going after Hirsch now is in very bad form, IMO.

I ordered the webcast from the Maine site early in the year and their announcers continually praised UND and their class. They quoted several specific things that UND has done in the past that impressed them. Some involved both on ice and off instances where UND has swallowed their pride and did things other teams would not have done. One of them involved Blais and the boys staying on the ice for a Maine celebration I think for their coaches victory. They also mentioned the Sioux doing something to raise money I think for someone with cancer. They were wonderful to us and if there is ever a time to order a webcast from another teams page and as a Sioux fan not want to turn on a delayed radio feed that is the one.