SiouxSports.com Forum

PA and Dubay

pentaxman46

PA and Dubay just gave great rube creds to Sioux fan's for traveling so well last night.  They seemed to be very impressed with the amount of Sioux fan support at the X.  Congrats not just to our hockey team, but also to you rubes who made the treak!

DG

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I just heard that - Sioux fans always turn out well. I don't think most people realize how many UND alum live in the cities - I would guess there were more local UND fans that people traveling from GF at the ex last night.

so what is the problem then with it being at the X?  Lack of non-Goperh fans?  If all teh Sioux fans are there today that were there last night, I'd say it was about half full with them yesterday! :D 

WPoS

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Speaking for myself, I don't feel that it is an attendance issue that I have a problem with it being at the XCel. It's not a venue issue either (though I haven't exactly been inside of the X yet). It is an issue with the location just being minutes from a major WCHA university year in and year out that holds a tremendous advantage to the Universirty in such a means that there is no travel, no time adjustment (CC, DU, UAA should they ever make it), and a home ice feel. UND fans will travel. We see that when we visit nearly every single venue in the WCHA and even elsewhere (my friends attneded the Maine series early this year all the way from Chicago), but I think it would be more fair, so to speak, if the venue changed every so often. Even if it is just between Milwaukee and back.

I don't know if that makes sense, but that's what I think.

Great, PCM is going to have to come in here and clean up that mess. :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

why doesn't everyone just send PCM a personal message of what they want to say, and have him clean it up and post it for you. A lot of people (including myself) could probably stand to save themselves some embarassment by doing this. :D

why doesn't everyone just send PCM a personal message of what they want to say, and have him clean it up and post it for you. A lot of people (including myself) could probably stand to save themselves some embarassment by doing this. :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

1. PCM would probably hit the "ignore user" option on me if I did this, if he hasn't already.

2. I don't think it would be any less embarrassing for me.

3. I'm a control freak. Therefore, if my foot is going in my mouth, I'm going to put it there, not PCM ;)

why doesn't everyone just send PCM a personal message of what they want to say,  and  have him clean it up and post it for you. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nobody has to do that because I can read all your minds. If I feel like controlling your thoughts and words, I will. :D

The Don said that if there ever was a team that could come to St. Paul and win three games it's this years Sioux. He credited the Sioux's ability to wear down opponents and not get worn down themselves for this chance.

Fun game last night. Definately weird seeing Sioux and Gophers fans standing and cheering together. :D Except for the dozen or so UM dorks who cheered after the Badgers got one of their lucky shots.

Good luck to the Sioux today, I'll be cheering for them again.

The problem I have with the Final Five being so close the Gopher country is that the Gophers get the best playing times. It's ridiculous that every year when they have the Final Five they put the Gophers at the night game. That's unfair.

The problem I have with the Final Five being so close the Gopher country is that the Gophers get the best playing times.  It's ridiculous that every year when they have the Final Five they put the Gophers at the night game.  That's unfair.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

not just towards you, but how many people do we need to kick the horse. he's dead already.. let's just look at the hand we are dealt and focus on cheering our sioux on to kick the s&!t out of the troll and his peoners

Hey, I just want to give a potential heads up:

This weekend's events will more than likely make the PA and Dubay show on Monday. One of the topics will surely be Paukovich. I would not doubt it for a second that either of them would question the suspension or the cheapness of the hit to try to get Sioux fans to call in and "make his day."

I will not be listening, because I'll more than likely be working, but I think it should be said now before we have a myriad of new threads stating how unconscionable PA and Dubay are. A prevention of the stating of the obvious.

Hey, I just want to give a potential heads up:

This weekend's events will more than likely make the PA and Dubay show on Monday.  One of the topics will surely be Paukovich.  I would not doubt it for a second that either of them would question the suspension or the cheapness of the hit to try to get Sioux fans to call in and "make his day."

I will not be listening, because I'll more than likely be working, but I think it should be said now before we have a myriad of new threads stating how unconscionable PA and Dubay are.  A prevention of the stating of the obvious.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think they will have to show a little more class on this one. Most Gopher fans agree with UND on this one. I'm sure they all don't, which is why I didn't put giving Adam a raise as an option for my poll.