SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux shorthanded goals

PCM

During Saturday night's broadcast of the SCSU game, Tim Hennessy said Brandon Bochenski's shorthanded goal was the fifth for the Sioux this season. But according to collegehockeystats.com and US College Hockey Online's stats, the goal was Bochenski's second shortie this season, which would be the sixth in eight games for the Sioux.

The USCHO box score of the Princeton game shows that Bochenski's fourth goal of the game was scored while the Sioux were playing 3-on-4. But the game recap doesn't say it was a shorthanded goal.

To tell you the truth, I don't remember Bochenski's fourth goal against Princeton being scored while the Sioux were shorthanded. But I do know that there were lots of penalties in the game, so perhaps he scored during one of those odd situations where the Sioux were shorthanded for a few seconds and nobody but the official scorer realized it.

Does anybody know what the scoop is? Who keeps the official stats for college hockey? I can find only last season's stats at the NCAA's Web site.

It also makes me wonder whether the Sioux are on a pace to break any records for shorthanded goals. Six (or five) in eight games is certainly an impressive feat.

official WCHA site has Bochenski with 2 SH/ UND 6

USCHO site - his personal stats show 0 SH/ but statistics lists show him with 2

UND official site has him with only 1 and team with 5

strange

according to UND program most SH goals in a season was 18 1986-87

most by an individual were Hrkac (86-87) and Smail (79-80) with 8