SiouxSports.com Forum

Is it safe to assume...

PCM

...that because the Sioux are scheduled for a morning practice at the Excel Energy Center on Thursday, there will be no hockey coaches on tonight's Fighting Sioux coaches' show? Has anyone heard if there will even be a coaches' show tonight?

...that because the Sioux are scheduled for a morning practice at the Excel Energy Center on Thursday, there will be no hockey coaches on tonight's Fighting Sioux coaches' show? Has anyone heard if there will even be a coaches' show tonight?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't you speak for DH? :lol: I would assume that there will not be a show.

What's Hak saying about the latest recruits? ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He asked who the guy is that keeps calling into the coaches show and asking about recruits. :lol:

As some of you know, when the team travels to Mpls, Mankato and St. Cloud, they leave the REA at 8am and make their pit stop at the Alexandria McDonalds at about 10:45am. I usually meet them for lunch when they come through. They've been stopping here since the Gino days.

This works out good because it gives the coaches a chance to ask me about what the lines should be, the power play and penalty kill strategy, what recruits they should be going after and anything else that's on their mind. :lol:

It also gives Pooley a chance to get my input on athletic training and keeping the players healthy. If I get time, I also give Shep my input on equipment management and then I show Fran how to navigate the bus in tight quarters. :D

The team looks in much better shape than they were just two weeks ago when they were on their way to the SCSU series. On that Thursday, Colby Genoway could barely walk and Brady Murray wasn't much better. I was really surprised when Brady played both those games and Genoway played on Saturday night....and they played very well. That Murray is playing at all is amazing. I'm sure he's playing in pain and his mobility is severely hampered with the shoulder and leg braces. Many players would have given it up and had the surgery he needs, but Murray feels this team can make some noise this playoff year and wants to be a part of it.

The coaches are very happy with the play of the whole team over the last few weeks. There hasn't been a weakness in any area. They're especially please with the play of the 4th line because they know they will need that line to make contributions and play a regular shift if they are going to have success over the next 3 days.

As some of you know, when the team travels to Mpls, Mankato and St. Cloud, they leave the REA at 8am and make their pit stop at the Alexandria McDonalds at about 10:45am.  I usually meet them for lunch when they come through.  They've been stopping here since the Gino days. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Rick, are we going to have to up your daily dose of quaaludes AGAIN? When are these delusional fantasies of yours going to end?

The Sioux hockey team is not paying you personal vists and you are not supplying them with baked goods. Get a grip!

It's a shame, really. The therapy sessions were going so well. :lol::D

So do they make the players eat at the Alex McDonalds?  :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, most of the time they go to McDonalds. Blaiser used to give them a change-up once in a while and stop at Hardies. When Gino was the coach they would call ahead and have a buffet at the Holiday Inn on occasion. ;)

Even at McDonalds, some of these guys don't get much change back from a ten dollar bill. Two Super Sizers and you're at $10. :D

Rick, are we going to have to up your daily dose of quaaludes AGAIN? When are these delusional fantasies of yours going to end?

It's a shame, really. The therapy sessions were going so well.  :D  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Do to costs, I had to give up the sessions. When we had that group thing going it was more affordable, but after you walked out it got kind of costly. They raised the prices after that one counseling session you had with Rosie. :lol:;)

It is not safe to assume that we are going to win tonight. Yes Wisconsin has sucked lately, but we can't overlook any team. We also can't assume we are going to lose to Denver. If we can't keep it close or beat Denver, the NCAA playoffs will be a waste of time.

It is not safe to assume that we are going to win tonight.  Yes Wisconsin has sucked lately, but we can't overlook any team.  We also can't assume we are going to lose to Denver.  If we can't keep it close or beat Denver, the NCAA playoffs will be a waste of time.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's exactly what I was thinking, which is good. Otherwise, I would suspect you of having independent thoughts, which is bad. :lol:

Now go track down The Sicatoka and make sure that he's assimilated before game time. We can't have him sneaking a swig of Leinie and jeopoardizing the outcome of tonight's game. :D