SiouxSports.com Forum

Take this Fighting Sioux

Goon

What a bunch of whiners. I thought that the Sioux fans had class but after reading the comments here and seeing the fans at last nights Sioux victory I guess they are no different than gopher fans. Blame the officals when you lose, cry and throw things when you are behind, belittle your opponents and gloat when you win. Adams was brutal to both sides both nights. End of story!!

Whose fans were throwing bottles at our hockey team after the game winning goal was scored?:D?:0?:0??

I think most people are commenting on the fact that Dahl obviously contradicted himself in the two articles.

Exactly. I don't have a problem with the Junior-Senior comment (although the Sioux are heavily dependent on the production of the Rookies and Sophomores). His comments just didn't have any constistancy . Sure, Dahl has done some good things at JBS, and if they are happy just making the NCAA's great. But why should the Sioux be any more successfull than Ferris, Western Michigan, Tech, etc? Small town, accademics are good but for the most part not something a player couldn't get at another school, and up until last year, facilities that were on par (or slightly better) with many schools around the country. Tradition will only take you so far (look how far it got the Sioux in the early 90's). As for recruiting, look at UND's 1997 championship team. The Sioux didn't have many players that could be considered Blue Chippers out of high school on that team. It all comes down to coaching. Dean has proved that at UND. Lucia at MN. And John Hill looks like he's doing good things in Alaska.