SiouxSports.com Forum

Fans

cjsol

Maybe I'm wrong, but I've always been under the impression that there are some people who don't like what the students are doing/saying no matter what.  Whether it is the 50's, 60's, 90's and whether sucks, FU or anything else is being said, some people don't like what the students are doing.  It used to be almost unthinkable that someone said sucks, but students said it in unison. It was thought that saying sucks is completely classless and ignorant.  Now saying sucks isn't that big of a deal.  Am I wrong?  If I'm right, then why is it such a big deal now?  Because the NC$$ taking action on it?  Because media coverage is so much higher than it used to be?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You are right. There are always those who don't understand and maybe can't remember being a student. Sucks maybe isn't the classiest cheer, but I would say it's OK. With a bit of thought and creativity our students have and can do better. I don't like the "Who's he? He sucks s&!t" cheer but that's maybe just me. If the students are not a big part of our cheering section, the games are not as much fun. I once had the chief of campus security sit next to me an entire regional basketball tourney. We had a pretty good time because he had a sense of humor. We hadn't used anything very profane and certainly not vulgar or racist. We just drove some fat bald coach from UNO ( We either called him snackbar or bread truck) nuts and he requested that we be better chaparoned. They also roped off the student section behind the visitors bench and soon after the the NCC prohibited us from sitting behind the opposition.

Now, I need to work on my pass to get me out of the nursing home and up to the Sioux game. I will watch for you signs and have fun. Go Sioux and remember the Bison still suck where ever they are hiding.