SiouxSports.com Forum

Oshie; Post #2

sappysieve

I don't know how some of you guys can sit on here and say this kid isn't ready to play here next year? 100 points in a season? Setting up the game winner for all the marbles in double OT? Give me a frekin break!!

I hope you all seen him at his best Sat afternoon when it was all on the line. If not, you missed a great player make one hell of a play.

I hope the Sioux coaching staff can find a way to bring him in next year. There's some dead weight on that team and they need someone who can make big plays and contribute.

Great. Just great. Like I really needed my illusions shattered on a Monday. :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well actually it doesn't matter what the average fans think your a Writer for USCHO. So I suppose we might not include you in that statement.

Great. Just great. Like I really needed my illusions shattered on a Monday. :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We know you'd like to be a pre-madonna :D writer.

BTW Sappy, we all decided Parise and Bochenski needed another year of development in college, but they just didn't listen.

I don't know how some of you guys can sit on here and say this kid isn't ready to play here next year?  100 points in a season? Setting up the game winner for all the marbles in double OT?  Give me a frekin break!!

I hope you all seen him at his best Sat afternoon when it was all on the line.  If not, you missed a great player make one hell of a play.

I hope the Sioux coaching staff can find a way to bring him in next year.  There's some dead weight on that team and they need  someone who can make big plays and contribute.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He did look good. in the game and I have no doubt he could play next year, but there are some parts of his game that could use improvement. Skating and defensive positioning come to mind.

The 100 points means absolutely nothing as most of them came aginst vastly inferior competition. Some of the moves that he attempted in the final would have landed him flat on his back in the WCHA. I trust that Hak knew what he was doing when he recruited him as a 2006. Besides, I don't think that offense will be the issue next year.

He did look good. in the game and I have no doubt he could play next year, but there are some parts of his game that could use improvement.  Skating and defensive positioning come to mind.

How can you cut anyone down for scoring 100 points?  Think about it for a minute?  That's a lot of points for anyone playing MN high school hockey in any section.

I don't know that he was cutting him down. Oshie is an incredible player, but not many kids can make the transition from HS to college so quick. I think Oshie could, but I also think spending a year in the USHL will do more for him then coming straight to UND. Throughout the entire tourny he played very hard, I was most impressed with his backchecking and physical play. Like siouxnami said, there are parts of his game that need improvement. I look forward to seeing him play whenever he does come to UND.

I will disagree that scoring 100 points means "nothing", it is an huge accomplishment, something very few HS players have done, especially with Warroads schedule, which wasn't a cakewalk.