SiouxSports.com Forum

Officals

gr8sk8er

Well since we obviously are picking out some not so good officals, who does everybody think the officals should be for State this weekend?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't think that a forum such as this is the way to go on such an issue. There are refs who know who works well and who does not. Maybe they should rate one another in a confidential forum. Maybe the coaches could do the same. The one or two at the bottom could be dropped out. Ideally, there would be evaluators who watch refs. USA Hockey does this at some of their events. The key is to not reinvent the wheel. Look at other states or districts and see what they are doing. Above all, move forward with some progressive system. Mentioning people by name is not particularly good in a public forum like this if negativity surfaces. In addition, I doubt that most people know the names of all of the refs so using a forum like this would produce a very limited response. Solicit info in a formal professional manner. Again, North Dakota needs a hockey summit or some sort of conference to help improve the game such as the addition of 17 minute periods that started this year. Does North Dakota have any visionary people like the late Herb Brooks? People that can come up with ideas and solutions that improve the environment of hockey in the state. I know the select program and elite hockey programs are efforts in that direction.

Not Laducer, anybody but that overweight biased idiot. :silly:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah he's bad because he's overweight and from Grand Forks. He's one of the most experienced refs in the state and everyone who isnt from Grand Forks can keep using him for the reason their teams never win. I dont know who you are but maybe you should look in the mirror and ask yourself if calling someone overweight really makes you feel better about yourself. I guess if I was from somewhere besides GF I might have to call other people fat to make up for the fact that almost every year my team gets worked by one of the GF schools. Grow up.

Yeah he's bad because he's overweight and from Grand Forks. He's one of the most experienced refs in the state and everyone who isnt from Grand Forks can keep using him for the reason their teams never win. I dont know who you are but maybe you should look in the mirror and ask yourself if calling someone overweight really makes you feel better about yourself. I guess if I was from somewhere besides GF I might have to call other people fat to make up for the fact that almost every year my team gets worked by one of the GF schools. Grow up.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Minot seemed to do fine against teams from the east this season when he wasn't officiating (accept the state tournament :silly: ).

PS: Just another one of your rants about how Grand Forks is Gods gift to hockey. Ohh by the way, Grafton and Fargo South had pretty good years as well, and he didn't officiate a majority of their games.

PSS: Its funny how only people from Grand Forks believe the guy is a good official...strange.... ;)

Minot seemed to do fine against teams from the east this season when he wasn't officiating (accept the state tournament :silly: ).

PS: Just another one of your rants about how Grand Forks is Gods gift to hockey. Ohh by the way, Grafton and Fargo South had pretty good years as well, and he didn't officiate a majority of their games.

PSS: Its funny how only people from Grand Forks believe the guy is a good official...strange.... ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Duce, didn't ref any of the games that the riders or knights played in the state tournament... until the championship game. In fact he did a fine job in that game, which word is, was his last. So thank you Duce for allowing the kids to play and let the game take its own course. I was really happy with the way Capt. Planet reffed he also let a lot of sketchy calls go, which gave the games a little more flow.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am not from Grand Forks, and i was pretty verbal on defending Duce. SO you shoudl say, funny how people in grand forks and not from grand forks believe the guy is a good offical...strange...