SiouxSports.com Forum

Response Goals

The Sicatoka

Rather than putting the information here also, I'll just link to where I listed all of this season's "response goals" that have been scored against UND.

Like it says there, those are just the ones in 97 seconds or less after a UND goal.

What exactly does that show?

A mental lapse after the goal?

Fatigue from the effort to score?

A lack of leadership/maturity to keep to the task, namely puck in their net?

The Spirko quote is pretty telling.

Somebody needs to step up. At least Spirko tried this weekend. It looked like Zajac and Stafford were also.

"It seemed like after each goal, we got satisfied and then we lost concentration or took stupid penalties. They scored right away. You have to be aware in those situations." -- Rastislav Spirko

Satisfied.

Lose concentration.

Stupid penalties.

"You have to be aware in those situations."

It's pretty sad when a freshman has to explain those things to a team with nine seniors and a junior captain.

The men on the ice for the 3 "response" goals in question:

Denver's 3rd goal Friday - Greene, Genoway, Jones, Porter, Massen, Lammy (junior captain, senior captain, 2 seniors, 1 soph, freshman goalie)

Denver's 2nd goal Saturday - Schneider penalty power play (sr captain)

Denver's 4th goal Saturday - Genoway, Bina, Porter, Jones, Greene, Parise (junior captain, senior captain, 1 senior, 2 soph, 1 soph goalie)

(Then there's Denver's backbreaking 4th goal on Friday on Canady's penalty power play)

It's kind of hard to blame a whole line because it just takes one guy to breakdown and I have no clue who may have missed their assignments. But these were the guys on the ice when the goals were scored.