SiouxSports.com Forum

Ramblings during the break

OETKB

Well, the majority of WCHA games are already played by the Sioux. I'd like to know what others are thinking about UND's chances this year.

IMO, this is a team that is improving, but has had a disappointing first half. The sweep of Maine to start the year was huge. Since then, they have been just acceptable...Nothing more. Having said that, I still believe this team has lots of potential.

In fact, I think this team is fully capable of being the Denver of '05. The similarities are real. Great goaltending in Lammy & Parise. Solid defensive corps. Low goal scoring, but constant pressure and dangerous depth.

This Sioux team is not what we have been spoiled with recently. The raw talent level just hasn't developed within the senior class. But the young talent is excellent, and the seniors are, at very least, dependable and hard-working.

Can this team continue to improve? I sure hope so, because it is a shame that no player on the current team has seen the Frozen Four. Let us remedy that, shall we?

Can this team continue to improve?  I sure hope so, because it is a shame that no player on the current team has seen the Frozen Four.

Fylling played against BC in the 2001 national championship game. I agree with your sentiment however.

I started to write, but then I looked and saw that my post was eerily similar to OETKB's. I completely agree.

Let me add, that as inconsistent as the first half was, I sincerely believe that this team has the talent to play with, and beat ANY team in the country. If the coaches, captians, seniors, waterboy... WHOEVER... can make this team believe it too, we'll make a helluva run to Columbus.