SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs. Team USA (WJC)

UMDDogz

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...a really important question....did Team USA name the Captains and Alternates?? If so, who are they?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Suter is definitely the captain as he did the ceremonial face-off...tv announcers said he was voted captain last night. TV announcers did not say who the A's were and I don't think the captain's letters have been placed on the sweaters yet (could be wrong, but I didn't notice any).

can you tell us who the lines are? Is Schremp playing? Has he been on the PP? Who's on Team USA's PK? [sorry to be such a pain in the ass. But, I really appreciate your help].

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maybe someone else can comment. I'm a die-hard Sioux fan and I've mostly been paying close attention to UND to see how they match up against the top-notch competition (plus I've been watching the Vikings at the same time). If nobody else posts the lines for you, I'll check in the 3rd period and post them. USA on PP to start out, so it may be a little while.

One observation about team USA is that Brian Lee does not look out of place at all. That is good news for both USA and UND.

The Sioux have looked fairly good against the US, but defensive mistakes/turnovers have been quickly turned into goals by the US. THe young forwards are much better snipers than any of the Sioux. Sioux have hit two posts and Bina had Montoya beat but didn't get much on the puck (a rebound) and LIkens got in behind Montoya and made the save.

JOnes and Greene have been excellent. Lee looks very comfortable at D, he's very solid one on one and no Sioux has been able to beat him. Suter will now doubt log the most ice time on this team, don't know who the second USA dman will be to go with Suter.