SiouxSports.com Forum

2002-2003 Sioux Hockey Jerseys

MafiaMan

I saw a picture of the team captains on the "Ralphie" web site and noticed the familiar "swoosh" of Nike on the uniforms. I'm assuming Gemini Sportswear has lost the contract to do the Sioux jerseys. Where can a person pick up a close-to-authentic jersey now?

The following was posted by jimdahl (i don't know how to put a quote in a different thread, sorry)

"Sources indicate that last Spring Gemini thought that they would be producing jerseys for both Michigan and North Dakota this season with a Nike-swoosh on them.

I think the only implication for Gemini of the Nike branding is that they don't get to produce Gemini-branded replicas."

I don't know for sure but I would guess Scheel's or Campus book store would have them. hope that helps

Scheels just has the Nike mesh replica. The bookstore didn't have a good replica jersey last year, so I don't think they will this year. Play it Again Sports has the closest to authentic jersey I've seen this year. It is Nike and is the glossy material. However the different colors of the jersey aren't seperate pieces of mateial, like the authentic jerseys are. Instead the jersey is all one piece of material. Hope you understand what I'm talking about.