SiouxSports.com Forum

JAN BRADY STATE tops itself...(and that's tough!)

SiouxMeNow

you guys are both right

John Nash won the Nobel Prize (92?) for contributions to game theory, if you want a simply exposition of what he did, i used it to explain the "arms race" game somewhere on this site last month

Nash was Schizophrenic, is better today,

has made many, many, many completely bizarre statements and done bizarre things both when he was definitely suffering from mental illness and at times when he wasn't

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nash never "recovered" from schizophrenia, there is no cure. Rather he learned to live with it, which is remarkable. He won the Nobel Prize for Economics in 1994, but it was for a theory he developed about 40 years earlier before he developed schizophrenia. He ended up hanging out around the Princeton campus for years until they hired him.

The analogy between Nash and the guy from Duluth was strictly based on the paranoid schizophrenia, I doubt he is a mathematical genious like Nash.

Not to make fun of Saint Cloud State, but they must not be making much of a name for themselves because I never heard of them until I started following North Dakota.--Is john nash the sick "professor" who said that babies could be murdured up to two months after birth because he did not feel they had obtained "personhood" status? Then princeton turned around and gave him a raise. I would never allow a child to go to a place like that. It is hard to imagine that almost all the ivy league schools started out as seminaries founded by clergy.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nash is a mathematician/economist that the movie A Beautiful Mind was about.

I could be wrong,but I believe the princeton "professor" I was talking about is named pete singer---just not positive about the name, but I remember the papers here in New Jersey talking about his "cutting-edge ideas" about killing babies if the parents wanted to and then the college that I used to consider prestigious and respected went and gave him a salary increase. JUST CRAZY.