SiouxSports.com Forum

Shots On Goal

pentaxman46

The results from Mankato over the weekend didn't concern me until I read the line score and found out that not only were the Sioux outshot Friday but also Saturday and were kept under 30 shots on goal both nights! That is definately NOT Sioux hockey. Does this concern anyone? It sure as h--l concerns me!

DG

No it doesn't concern me right now...its early in the season and we have a couple of freshman defensemen who just might be a little bit nervous. It doesn't matter if your outshot or not it matters whether you have a W or an L next to your name.

It shows how solid in net our goalies are if they are facing 25-30 shots/night and only lettin in 2-3 goals on average. :D

The true test will be the Gopher series this weekend :( ...You can never count the gophers out...no matter how young or inexperienced their team is.

its not a good stat at all. i agree with you but its only 1 weekend. we got 3 points and will have to see what happens this weekend. if this continues for the next couple of weeks and we do not get points out of the games then it will concern me for sure. i think we will pepper briggs this weekend..

I wouldn't say it is a huge concern, but I definitely took notice. Especially since I've grown accustomed to the Sioux outshooting the opponent over the last couple of years. All we can do is put our faith in the coaches and team, and hope for a breakout performance against those pesky gophers this weekend. :(

This year's team is going to be more defensive oriented than last year. I think the low shot totals for this series are the result of the overall lackluster play. The passes were not crist and the forwards were not entering the Mankato zone with any speed. In order for this team to contend for a NC we need to find a way to generate more shots and score goals because I think defesively and in goal we will be fine.

No it doesn't concern me right now...its early in the season and we have a couple of freshman defensemen who just might be a little bit nervous.  It doesn't matter if your outshot or not it matters whether you have a W or an L next to your name. 

It shows how solid in net our goalies are if they are facing 25-30 shots/night and only lettin in 2-3 goals on average. :D

The true test will be the Gopher series this weekend :( ...You can never count the gophers out...no matter how young or inexperienced their team is.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree it is not that big of a deal, but what Sioux team are you talking about? The Sioux have one freshman D, and I believe he was only dressed for the sat. game.