SiouxSports.com Forum

SE update

FlorenceFan

C/N lost their game due to an excessive celebration penalty called after they scored a touchdown to bring the score to 28-27. They then proceeded to miss the extra point from the 25 yard line. Can you say STUPID???, or maybe the officials were a little over zealous with the flag?? This game was played at Presby, so maybe it was just a little divine intervention.

Wingate over Catawba??? Huh--what happened here. Cooter actually predicted this one on the d2 board......might he have borrowed the Sioux's crystal ball? 5 way tie in the SAC now..should get whittled down to 2 before it's all over.

Tech beats Delta....no way this should have happened. Delta must have been down after losing to Valdosta, but they should have been ready to fight for their playoff lives. The Delta loss helps UNA as far as the playoffs are concerned. I don't think Delta can get in with 3 overall losses, and they haven't played Central Arkansas yet.

Tech still has a couple of tough games left, and given their schedule, they'd better not lose if they want in the playoffs.

Valdosta was on cruise control yesterday, their QB went 21 for 21 completions to start the game. Valdosta wins 27-18.

UNA/Southern Ark was tied 10-10 at halftime, but UNA dominates 2nd half to pull away 45-24. SAU scores with less than a minute left on the subs, completing a pass on 4th and an acre for 60 yards.

UNA-Valdosta in 2 weeks...winner should get a spot in the playoffs.

C/N lost their game due to an excessive celebration penalty called after they scored a touchdown to bring the score to 28-27. They then proceeded to miss the extra point from the 25 yard line. Can you say STUPID???, or maybe the officials were a little over zealous with the flag?? This game was played at Presby, so maybe it was just a little divine intervention.

Wingate over Catawba??? Huh--what happened here. Cooter actually predicted this one on the d2 board......might he have borrowed the Sioux's crystal ball? 5 way tie in the SAC now..should get whittled down to 2 before it's all over.

Tech beats Delta....no way this should have happened. Delta must have been down after losing to Valdosta, but they should have been ready to fight for their playoff lives. The Delta loss helps UNA as far as the playoffs are concerned. I don't think Delta can get in with 3 overall losses, and they haven't played Central Arkansas yet.

Tech still has a couple of tough games left, and given their schedule, they'd better not lose if they want in the playoffs.

Valdosta was on cruise control yesterday, their QB went 21 for 21 completions to start the game. Valdosta wins 27-18.

UNA/Southern Ark was tied 10-10 at halftime, but UNA dominates 2nd half to pull away 45-24. SAU scores with less than a minute left on the subs, completing a pass on 4th and an acre for 60 yards.

UNA-Valdosta in 2 weeks...winner should get a spot in the playoffs.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In NCAA Division II, how many losses usually eliminate a team from getting into the playoffs. If they play a Division III or I--AA, do those games count against them? If North Dakota does not lose any more games, are they in good shape for a slot in the playoffs?

UND should be fine, assuming they don't lose again. It might be tougher to get in with more than one loss in the your conference. The realignment of the regions was a bit goofy, in my opinion, adding the GLIAC over to your side of the world.

I would guess the NCC will get 2 in the playoffs, GLIAC 2 or 3, and who knows from there.

I look for UND and GVSU to fight it out for the right to play either Pitt or TAMUK in the semi's.

As far as playing D1AA schools, it was much more detrimental last year than this year, (we know that first hand). You are penalized heavily for playing "down".

Jim has a great link to track the regions here:

http://siouxsports.com/football/rankings/ssi.php?regionid=1