SiouxSports.com Forum

National College Sports Network

Riverman

The BIg Sky Conf. just inked a deal with N.C.S.N. Is this something the WCHA as a whole should check into? Let's face it ESPN and FOX could care less about college hockey.(Until the NHL goes on strike in 2004)

Maybe we could get in at the ground level. :0

Remember they said it couldn't be done no one would watch sports 24-7 and along came ESPN. :D

http://www.ncsn.com/Press/P_release/press_...elease_024.html

• 6 months later...

It's exciting to see that CSTV debuted on April 7. For those with DIRECTV it is channel 610. They are supposed to have the FF championship game on today. From what I could find it appears that all 6 DI Hockey conferences are on board and the NCC. :) Now I just have to start bugging MIDCO to add it

I found this amusing in a Frozen Four Notebook article under Rinkside Rumblings

I saw CSTV advertised this morning on USCHO...I hope that there will be televised college hockey games come next season (you don't know how frustrating it is to have two roomates who don't really like sports enough to get the Fox Sports package for satellite, and seeing all these WCHA, CCHA, and Hockey East games on the others...wishing you could see them). We actually get the Gopher, Wisco, and CC/Denver channels, but I'd like to diversify.

I hope to have Sioux season tickets again next year, and was thinking about getting the cable NHL package for next season, if Midcontinent picked up CSTV with hockey programing I might never leave the sofa again. well at least for anything other than work- I have to pay for it all somehow :) Having a roommate I sympathize with your tv problems. Mine has completely different taste in programming and isn't a hockey fan. Good luck!

well your first hurdle is to axe the third roommate :) then promise the other free beer on game nights. If he/she is plowed enough it won't matter who is playing. All of a sudden Canisius starts to look good :O

Is CSTV gonna be a sports subscription service or a basic directtv channel?

Is CSTV gonna be a sports subscription service or a basic directtv channel?

CSTV is added as part of the Sports Pak add-on, I believe. I'll soon see if it disappears when I drop the package for the summer.

Didn't think the Sports Pak was worth it for college hockey, just not enough games and variety of teams (since we already get FOXN, FOXNa, and FXRM without the add-on). If CSTV shows more college hockey and more college teams, the Pak will be a great addition.