SiouxSports.com Forum

Weber

Never lost to the Bison

Who is this Weber guy? I see that he has three touchdowns (may be incorrect, didn't get webcast for the first game) already this season, why isn't he the number one receiver?? It looks like he is having a better year so far than Grossman and Johnson.

link to Herald article

http://www.grandforks.com/mld/grandforks/s...ota/9649006.htm

I agree Weber has looked good, but he's only been around for a year and Lennon just doesn't let guys come in and take over. If Lueck didn't start last year there's no way Weber is going too. Caleb and Grossman are fine recievers, I've been to all of the games and they are very physical blockers and seem to know whats going on. Caleb's a great possesion reciever and Grossman has the quickness to make guys look stuck out there.

I think the recieving corps is in decent shape going into the bye week, but it needs some work. Why is Groeshl playing so much over someone who is producing. I have been to all three games this season, and it just seems that Caleb and Weber are making their plays while others aren't (Grossman/Groeshl). Can anyone think of what Belmore is thinking?

If you look at the statistical leaders in the NCC after 3 games Caleb is first in receptions per game, and Caleb is 2nd in receiving yards per game...Weber is 4th in receiving yards per game.......The receiving core has 2 players on the leader board with a second string quarterback playing........Grossman has not had many balls thrown to him this year......He did catch a very nice touchdown pass last week..........Groeshel has made some big plays, but also has not had many opportunities.......Belmore is a good young quarterback....but the key word is young............i think it will be a different story once Bownkamp is back........you have to remember the Sioux run a lot of 3-4 receivers sets.......Belmore is hitting the receiver that is his first or second read.........whereas Groeshel is usually the 3rd read..........Once Bowenkamp is back i think the passing game will improve 100% and you will see involvement of all the sioux receivers...........Also, Caleb and Grossman do an outstanding job of perimiter blocking...........Just ask Brandon Strouth on some of his long runs this year.............

I dont like Dan Grossman as a starting reciever for one reason...He drops big passes....Wether it be Mesa, or just open balls for touchdowns(Delta State was not P.I.). He is 50-50. I think webber should start and grossman is better as a 3 anyway. He and webber are the same, except webber doesnt drop balls from what I have seen, and from what I have heard. Plus Webber only has one year....lets use him, grossman can come back hungrier next year. And what is the deal with Rick Presthus.. he is by far our tallest reciever, is he not healthy, ..

And what is the deal with Rick Presthus.. he is by far our tallest reciever, is he not healthy, ..

My understanding is that he is hurt, although I don't know to what extent. It may not happen this year, but eventually he could be a very good receiver with his hands and height. I understand he was impressive last year as a red-shirt.

Drops big passes ? Did you see the catch against CWU ? He did drop a couple of balls last week that he should of caught, but alot of the the balls that have been thrown his way Shaq would of had a hard time catching. Also in last years championship game, on what should have been the game winning(or atleast tying) drive he had a catch on third down and also one on fourth down that were both for first downs, so I dont think he has a problem catching big passes. Don't mean to rant , but its amazing how fast some people forget. Look at JB last year gets yanked against St. Cloud and watches as Joe wins the ball game for the Sioux and then has to come back and he plays unbelievable. Anyway thats my four cents.

Go Sioux!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well put..In all honesty I like Grossman. I just want him to be more consistent, because he has the tools, to be a go to reciever, especially since he will be the lone returning reciever next year. I dont think any linebacker should be able to cover him in the country, and his routes should give most safetys problems as well..Just has to focus in relax and just make the big play

check out the UND Football show on 'daz this weekend for an interesting story on Weber. Yeah, there's no game this week but they will have a show with lots of features - including Webers story of nearly quitting FB after his dad passed away, then deciding to honor him with one more shot at UND. Wish him the best! I think he'll be a solid receiver for us this year.

Jeff Weber may be small in size, but from the stands he appears to be the fastest player on the field. The only reason I can think that we are not playing him is because he is from California. It appears coach favors the players that are from the area. This is cool and all since we all got to watch them play high school football, but we have a chance to win a national championship. I would rather play the players that are going to give us the best possible chance to win. Weber has six catches and three touchdowns. My first question is why does he only have six catches. The kid appears to be a special player, coach get over where he is from and let him play. This has the potential to be a special year, lets not blow it.