SiouxSports.com Forum

Goalie Future

redwing77

Let's see how smart this was:

Ziggy could have either

(a) stayed in GF, redshirted, and been #2 or #3 next year at UND

or

(b) gone to Duluth, have to sit this year, and been #2 or #3 next year at UMD.

I'm not exactly seeing what he gained for himself.

From a distance it doesn't look to me like he ever would have had a chance at being the number one goalie at UND. Parise siezed the oppurtunity last year, I'm sure he is hoping to get a shot at the number one spot when Reichmuth moves on.

He may never earn it at UMD either, but I honestly don't think he would have ever been given a shot at UND. UND is simply too deep at goalie at the moment.

UND is simply too deep at goalie at the moment.

You just said the Sioux actually have goaltending, and deep goaltending at that.

You'd better go chug some more of that "brown and yellow" Gopher kool-aid because you're not marching to the music over at POI. :)

Or is 'sagard' a closet Sioux fan (as has been suspected of 'Greyeagle'). :D:angry::angry:

You just said the Sioux actually have goaltending, and deep goaltending at that.

You'd better go chug some more of that "brown and yellow" Gopher kool-aid because you're not marching to the music over at POI. :)

Or is 'sagard' a closet Sioux fan (as has been suspected of 'Greyeagle'). :D:huh::angry:

Keep in mind I said nothing about quality! :angry: Just superior depth. :angry: Briggs would have posted a 0.910 with your crew of defense!

Having three goalies is a great thing for a program. Having four goalies when others have 1.5 at best is gluttonous. :angry: The '99-'00 Gophers I honestly feel failed to make the NCAA's due to not having an adequate replacement for Hauser and Samargia. Of course, in '01-'02 the Gophers leveraged all three of their goalies and at times needed them all.

As for being a fan of the Sioux, if the Gophers were eliminated and no obnoxious Sioux newbie got under my skin that week, I'd be on board. All it will take is another Jason Blake to come along and I'll go "Happy" on you all!

Keep in mind I said nothing about quality! :angry: Just superior depth. :angry: Briggs would have posted a 0.910 with your crew of defense!

Having three goalies is a great thing for a program. Having four goalies when others have 1.5 at best is gluttonous. :huh: The '99-'00 Gophers I honestly feel failed to make the NCAA's due to not having an adequate replacement for Hauser and Samargia. Of course, in '01-'02 the Gophers leveraged all three of their goalies and at times needed them all.

As for being a fan of the Sioux, if the Gophers were eliminated and no obnoxious Sioux newbie got under my skin that week, I'd be on board. All it will take is another Jason Blake to come along and I'll go "Happy" on you all!

I wonder if someone could purposely act as stupid as Happy... Don't wish to find out.

In any case, what's .5 of a goaltender? JJ? :angry: