SiouxSports.com Forum

MN Elite Tourny

jloos

The MN Elite tourny changed the way they do things a little bit this year. They kept all the Moorhead players together and put them on the ND team. Here is the roster:

Great Plains (MN/ND)

Head Coach: Dave Christian

Elliott Okland G ND

11 Beau Christian G Moorhead, MN

11 Calab Luecke D Fargo South, ND

12 Jon Halstenson D Fargo, ND

12 Jon Ammerman D Moorhead, MN

12 Kyle Hardwick D Warroad, MN

12 Brian Lee D Moorhead, MN

12 Matt Hill D ND

12 Eric Olimb D Warroad, MN

12 Sam Aide F Bismarck, ND

12 Paul Campbell F Grafton, ND

11 Rody Selk F Minot, ND

11 Jordan Willert F Minot, ND

11 Matt Becker F Moorhead, MN

12 Ryan Clukey ALT Moorhead, MN

12 Cory Loos F Moorhead, MN

12 Chris VandeVelde F Moorhead, MN

12 Mark Mihulka F ND

11 Derek Kuntz F Grand Forks, ND

12 Jake Stadstad F Grand Forks, ND

12 Alec Holen F Thief River Falls, MN

12 Dustin Postel F Wadena, MN

12 Joe Harren F Warroad, MN

12 TJ Oshie F Warroad, MN

The only player I've never heard of is Matt Hill, where is he from? I was very suprised to see Wiesgarber left off the team and Lueke added to the team. This team should be very fun to watch, with 3 future Sioux players on it.

They will be at the REA on October 16, & 17 Here is the schedule

Saturday, October 16, 2004

9:00am: Northeast vs. Great Plains

12:30pm: Team Wisconsin vs. Southwest

7:00pm: Great Plains vs. Team Wisconsin

7:00pm: Northeast vs. Southwest

Sunday, October 17, 2004

11:00am: Southwest vs. Great Plains

11:00am: Northeast vs. Team Wisconsin

Who cares there's more than one thread for Bo.

For Bo I can understand, he actually plays(ed) at UND...this entire thread started over another high school player who might be good, who might play in the USHL, and who might get a scholarship to some team in Michigan...I understand the talk with players that we may be recruiting, but I don't think Vigen is one of them.

This team should be very fun to watch, with 3 future Sioux players on it.

It could be that there are "at least" 3 future Sioux players on the team. I don't have anyone in particular in mind, but a few of the names have been mentioned here before, another player is a legacy (?, Becker) and another has a relative who is a valued contributor on the Sioux message board, which carries a lot of weight.

I'm interested to see how Jordan Willert fares. He's a big strong kid from Minot who only gets to play with and against this kind of talent in the Summer.

ONCE AGAIN...this is a message board for Sioux Sports, not high school hockey. :ohmy:

I realize that the Sioux recruit high school kids, which is why this thread was started. But these threads are always ruined by a couple of posters. That is why the other High School hockey threads were shut down.

As myself and many other posters have suggested, there are plenty of high school hockey websites or make your own website. :p

I think 1 thread is enough for this subject...get with the program jloos. :ohmy:

I didn't see the other thread until after I posted this. The teams are tentative, but I don't expect to see many changes. Halstenson will not play if he made the Bobcats, which I'm assuming he did. Oakland was trying out for the Jets, but I don't think they've given him a spot yet. He bowed out of the elite program to play with the Jets but he can still play for North. Kluckey is the alternate listed, but he is a better player than 3/4 of the team. He was out most of last season after getting stepped on by a skate.

Driscol aren't you supposed to be monitoring teenage girls trying on panties. :p

I didn't see the other thread until after I posted this. The teams are tentative, but I don't expect to see many changes. Halstenson will not play if he made the Bobcats, which I'm assuming he did. Oakland was trying out for the Jets, but I don't think they've given him a spot yet. He bowed out of the elite program to play with the Jets but he can still play for North. Kluckey is the alternate listed, but he is a better player than 3/4 of the team. He was out most of last season after getting stepped on by a skate.

Driscol aren't you supposed to be monitoring teenage girls trying on panties. :p

Reading these posts about high school hockey seems to be about the same thing. :ohmy:

Halstanson tried out for the jets and im pretty sure he made that team. so im not sure where he will go now. and i heard hofer is leaving for the bobcats too.

Reading these posts about high school hockey seems to be about the same thing.

Hofer among others want to leave after Loos, Halstenson, and possibly Oakland are bolting. I can't blame them, but come on, North was terrible the last few years, they do not have that many kids that can play at that caliber. Hofer is a nice kid, I know the family well, but he is not that good of a hockey player. He scored maybe 5 or 6 goals last season, probably ended up with 10-15 points. Remember Jacques Lamourioux struggled with Bismarck last year despite being a fairly large kid and scoring at least 40-50 points in HS the year before.

I know the HS stuff irritates some on the board but it appears most of the kids that were messing around on here are gone. Last year the elite tourny was discussed a lot, as many Sioux recruits play in it, plus they stop at the REA for a weekend. If others still don't like it, say so and I'll move my post to the community board, if I can figure out how to do that.

Driscol, reading HS hockey posts turns you on? Or does watching hot chicks trying on panties annoy you? I'll gladly take your dressing room monitoring shift if you don't want it. :ohmy::p

PS what's with dropping DMT off of your last quote? He needs all the credit he can get.

Edited by jloos

Hofer among others want to leave after Loos, Halstenson, and possibly Oakland are bolting. I can't blame them, but come on, North was terrible the last few years, they do not have that many kids that can play at that caliber. Hofer is a nice kid, I know the family well, but he is not that good of a hockey player. He scored maybe 5 or 6 goals last season, probably ended up with 10-15 points. Remember Jacques Lamourioux struggled with Bismarck last year despite being a fairly large kid and scoring at least 40-50 points in HS the year before.

I know the HS stuff irritates some on the board but it appears most of the kids that were messing around on here are gone. Last year the elite tourny was discussed a lot, as many Sioux recruits play in it, plus they stop at the REA for a weekend. If others still don't like it, say so and I'll move my post to the community board, if I can figure out how to do that.

Driscol, reading HS hockey posts turns you on? Or does watching hot chicks trying on panties annoy you? I'll gladly take your dressing room monitoring shift if you don't want it. :D:p

PS what's with dropping DMT off of your last quote? He needs all the credit he can get.

JLoos - I'm sure your signficant other would be pleased to know you've got the itching for dressing room supervisor...DMT on the other hand will get his credit when it's due.

By the way, you were the one that complained in the Admin. board about this same crap about high school hockey and than you create a thread about it...I believe the same one's that messed around last time will be back and than you can take credit for the anger that will come out of DMT and others... :ohmy:

the great plains elite roster is not accurate. there have been a couple of changes

oakland and halstenson are definitely not on, vigen was put on in halstenson's spot

and there is no longer an alternate on the team. they supposedly are going to update

the roster soon

By the way, you were the one that complained in the Admin. board about this same crap about high school hockey and than you create a thread about it...I believe the same one's that messed around last time will be back and than you can take credit for the anger that will come out of DMT and others... :p

My problem was with the half dozen or so HS topics that popped up that were in no way connected to Sioux hockey. Like I said above this elite tourny is one of the biggest college hockey recruiting tournys in the country.

DMT is always angry about something, I'm used to it. I think it is from all the crack he smoked in high school.