SiouxSports.com Forum

Travis Roche signs with Atlanta

Stack

I have to agree that the move will be good for Travis if he works hard to crack the lineup. Lemaire's "bore 'em till they lose" system is okay for younger clubs, but as they mature and bring in better players the Wild may have to rethink their system. Now, if Heatley can stay out of jail ... :D:p

How could any use of the trap hinder a defensman's ability to make the team? I am not trying to be a punk here, but it seems the term has been tossed around as a reason for him not making the team (or staying there) in the past and I don't see the connection. Anyway, there is no doubt siging w/ Atlanta puts a little life back into his game....

Roche is a very offensive D-man. For UND he was expected to join or even lead the rush. He also dropped in off the point. His defensive skills were not as great, he isn't the 240 lb guy that can toss players out of the crease, or hang out in the neutral zone looking for someone with their head down to end their career. From what I've seen Atlanta likes their D-men to join the play and contribute offensively.