SiouxSports.com Forum

Coach Hak!

Warthog

I would rather go with the idea that the Sioux should win a title with Jpar or Lammy in net rather than they [can] win with Brandt.

That's fine, I respect your opinion. But as far as Lamoureux, we really have nothing to go on yet. He could be the second coming of Karl Goehring or he could be the second coming of Travis Pavlat. Or he could be somewhere in between. So to say we SHOULD win a natty with him in net over a proven veteran like Jake, well, I just disagree.

Brandt is a flopper which will lead to him having the occasional huge game but will also lead to a lot of games where you leave shaking your head. JPar is by far the steadier, more consistent goalie regardless of what stats say.

Is he a flopper? Sometimes. But really, what does style matter. You don't get points for style. Some dude named Dominik Hasek has done alright as a flopper. To me, judging someone based on their style is no different than judging a Karl Goehring based on his size. Who cares how it gets done, as long as it gets done.

Sure, Jake may be more reckless in the crease, but let's not forget how reckless Jordan can be OUTSIDE of the crease. He takes a lot of chances handling the puck and is bound to get burned likely as often as Jake might with his style.

I guess my point is, why do Sioux fans have a need to make it a "one or the other" argument? Fans need to realize we have two established goalies with a third one possessing the potential to make it a great trio. We should feel comfortable with any of the three by the end of the season and ride the hot hand.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

UND has plenty of good goalies, whether people are willing to give some credit for their accomplishmetns or not. One could easily argue that Jake only has good stats because of team defense, but the same could be said about Jordan's no-loss streak last season or Goehring's play behind Great Sioux teams.

I think Jake and Jordan have both proven they can get the job done. I know Jake personally so I would rather see him leading the team, but that doesn't mean I would not be happy to see someone else step up and perform well.

Jake is a good goaltender, he has a lot of expereince to share with our younger goalies and I look forward to watching him play next season, hopefully someday he will be given credit for his accomplishments at UND instead of criticized constantly for not being the second coming of Goehring, Belfour, etc.