SiouxSports.com Forum

Fosston's Baagason

UND Fan

Does anyone know which schools are on Kimbrough's short list? I'm selfishly hoping that with Minnesota's recent success and judging by their most recent recruiting class, they're doing a little more national recruiting which may help UND and some of the other area dII programs land some of the dI-caliber Minnesota high school players who may not want to go too far out of state to play.

Kierah Kimbrough plays for Badger-Greenbush-Middle-River. She is a 6'0'' lefty who can post up and run the floor. She has a great mid-range jump shot which is deadly. In the playoffs last year she was constantly triple-teamed and still scored 20. She is very, very athletic. She averaged I believe over 30 points a game last year. It would be a steal.

Assuming Baagason gets her game back to where it was, she is a good pick-up. She and Kimbrough were the Sioux's top 2 '05 prospects prior to the injury, not sure if that changed afterwards, but it doesn't seem that way. She'll no doubt come with a real good understanding of the game, Fosston players are very well schooled. As far as Kimbrough goes, there was the story in the Herald a few months back about Colorado St, Iowa St, a few other Mountain West and MAC teams showing real strong interest in her, and I believe that story would have ran in Feb, so the schools have no doubt changed since then. She would be huge because I can't say I am too enthusiastic about what the Sioux return inside other then Boese for the next 2 years, quite a few unknowns/unprovens.

• 2 months later...

Another NW Minnesota recruit to Iowa State: Gillian Bjerke of Pelican Rapids

The girl's BB talent coming out of NW Minn is rather amazing for its population. Sounds like Kierah was very impressive in the summer camps and am surprised no major Div I has not already signed her.

What other Minnesota gals is UND actively recruiting? Anyone know?