SiouxSports.com Forum

Best 05' D-man recruit left?

Siouxhockey03

I was reading the other thread on C.V. giving a verbal to the Sioux and there was some talk about who the better recruit is between Hardwick and Ammerman. My question is, is Zach Jones better than both of them. I've been reading the hockey's future message board and there was talk about the Top 50 05' players in the world.

This person's list included Zach Jones, I don't know a lot about him except that he plays on the USNDPT U-18 Team, he would like to play for the Sioux and he's Matt's brother.

It looks like the Sioux have a great shot at landing someone who some consider being one of the top 50 05' players in the world.

How ridiculous would the 05' freshman D be if just one of the 3 signed with the Sioux!!

Lee, Chorney and either Jones, Ammerman and Hardwick!!

After reading articles and posts I would rate them as in the order of importance and skill:

1. Jones

2. Ammerman

3. Hardwick

Comments?

If I am going to go by posts, I am going to say we should spend all our time recruiting Jones. Ammerman will most likely end up a Gopher and Hardwick will end up a Bulldog.

However, there is one thing in DI Football and Basketball that could affect Jones. Who recruited Matt for UND? If it is Sandelin (if that is possible, I'm not all thinking mathematically right now), there is a possibility that Jones could consider UMD. In Basketball and Football, this happens all the time. It happened with Neuhisel (sp?) when he moved from Colorado to Washington. A top QB recruit that he recruited wanted to get out of his letter of intent at Colorado to follow the coach to Washington. I don't forsee this happening the Jones, but it is a possibility. Scott is an excellent recruiter.

I'm guessing we will see UND wait on Ammerman and Hardwick to see how they progress this year. The Sioux already have two MN high schoolers coming in (Lee and Chorney), and while they are touted as elite prospects, they will be awfully young for the WCHA battles. Jones sounds like a prospect, and there is also the big country to the North that typically provides some decent hockey players. The coaches could very well have their eyes on someone we have never heard of. I know the POI gang has hinted that MN has had interest in Salmon Arm's Marcuzzi. Since UND obviously saw Salmon Arm last year while recruiting Zajac and Chucko, I'm sure they're aware of him as well.