SiouxSports.com Forum

Moorhead's Chris VandeVelde

UND Fan

I agreed with all of you. The U's hockey program is going down, I've told myself that by what i saw last season. But tickets are still impossible to get, atleast that's what the school told me. Moorhead has always dominate South, but last year's game at South was one of the i've seen(1-1 tied). I believed Moorhead had reached its peak by finishing 2nd place in state this year. This year was the best in our history, might be the best team in school's history. After next year, Moorhead won't go far into the tournament.

Vanek's passing will actually, I think, help them focus their game on a broader game instead of always trying to get him the puck. Therefore, the Gophers should play better. The big loss is Ballard, not Vanek should he leave.

Redwing _77,

Do you mean Vanek leaving (passing), Because I really think he won't be around when the season starts, I think he is just positioning himself for a decent contract offer from the Sabres.

I talked to someone close to the Gopher program that stated all along what we had been hearing. Vanek was a cancer in the locker room this past season.

I agreed with all of you. The U's hockey program is going down, I've told myself that by what i saw last season. But tickets are still impossible to get, atleast that's what the school told me. Moorhead has always dominate South, but last year's game at South was one of the i've seen(1-1 tied). I believed Moorhead had reached its peak by finishing 2nd place in state this year. This year was the best in our history, might be the best team in school's history. After next year, Moorhead won't go far into the tournament.

Your history needs to go back more than 2 years. Moorhead had some pretty good teams in the mid 90's when Cullen was around.

Moorhead's Bantam A's won state last year which is a pretty good indication that the high school team will be strong the next couple of years.

If everyone stays like they claim next season should be the team to beat in the state. The group of next years seniors may be the best class of hockey players in the state. Too bad half of them are going to be cut, Moorhead should have a pretty healthy Junior Gold team next year.

That 1-1 tie was two years ago. Last year Moorhead beat South easily. Again your history needs to go back a few more years. Before Cullen took over, the Fargo schools dominated Moorhead. This is going back before my time, but you have to give credit to Cullen for starting a hockey powerhouse, Moorhead was not always good at hockey.

• 3 weeks later...

Your history needs to go back more than 2 years. Moorhead had some pretty good teams in the mid 90's when Cullen was around.

Moorhead's Bantam A's won state last year which is a pretty good indication that the high school team will be strong the next couple of years.

If everyone stays like they claim next season should be the team to beat in the state. The group of next years seniors may be the best class of hockey players in the state. Too bad half of them are going to be cut, Moorhead should have a pretty healthy Junior Gold team next year.

That 1-1 tie was two years ago. Last year Moorhead beat South easily. Again your history needs to go back a few more years. Before Cullen took over, the Fargo schools dominated Moorhead. This is going back before my time, but you have to give credit to Cullen for starting a hockey powerhouse, Moorhead was not always good at hockey.

South vs. Moorhead in two years. That will be a game.

Redwing _77,

Do you mean Vanek leaving (passing), Because I really think he won't be around when the season starts, I think he is just positioning himself for a decent contract offer from the Sabres.

I talked to someone close to the Gopher program that stated all along what we had been hearing. Vanek was a cancer in the locker room this past season.

Yeah, I meant that Vanek would be leaving the Gopher program.

As for the Moorhead/Fargo rivalries in hockey, I know only little about it. In high school, I did not care much for sports below the professional level.