SiouxSports.com Forum

Grand Forks Native...Olson

mezzy05

Who on this site has never changed their mind? or ever went back on their word? I'm not saying Blais hasn't done this to players, but think about it! If he thinks a player needs more time playing juniors, then so be it! How can you say the player should have the final say??

Sometimes players leave early, sometimes they may stay even after most people thought they'd leave! Things change, therefore sometimes a coach needs to make decisions for the entire team! Does that mean he's thinking about himself only? Please......

I remember when Bryan Lundbohm was playing......he played a year of juniors, and Blais had said then he could come in.......things changed, Blais wanted him to go play Juniors one more year......did he like it? NO! But, he would have probably seen "limited" ice time on the team that year, and instead, got tons of playing time in Lincoln. Now who did that hurt? So he had to spend another year getting better! Looking back, I don't think he'd tell anyone that he (or Blais...) made a bad decision!

A coach makes decisions.....sometimes you like them.....sometimes you don't! No offense to Josh, but i know he was very upset about that fact.....and wouldn't settle for going back for a "second" year of juniors!

We have different opinions about Blais' recruiting tactics. That's fine. I think he's lucky he has the incredible arena to aid in his recruiting because the hockey world is waking up to his ways. Lucia knew in mid-August that Olson wasn't coming and Olson never signed. Ask Lucia if he thinks Olson left him hanging and I'd bet Lucia barely even remembers Olson. Read about what Blais' word meant to Luke Beaverton and Pat O'Leary and obviously there's a trend. Blais' winning percentage says he's a great coach, but there's different ways to measure greatness.

O'Leary was a walk-on. He knew what he was in for from the beginning. As jloos said in the Beaverson thread, "...I'm sure there is more to the story." O'Leary's situation is NOT similar to Beaverson, or Olson for that matter.

A trend? Hardly.

That new arena did wonders for CB and the Sioux in 1997 and 2000, didn't it.

I assure you he is not sitting in organic chemistry or advanced physics.

You should have quit before you dug the hole deeper. You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about and only make a bigger fool out of yourself every time you post.

You should have quit before you dug the hole deeper. You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about

PCM- i have classes with the guy and it is not a knock on him, but rather a knock on placing so much stock in the WCHA all-academic team (players form all schools)....some members are in tough academic programs and have to balance a ton with hockey and school. but face it, many are just going through the motions in easy courses.

You're still not getting it, Basil. You know absolutely nothing about Canady, what type of classes he's taking, what he's majoring in or how well he's doing in school. You're simply assuming that you know, and you don't. You are rapidly becoming the poster child for what happens to those who ass-U-me too much.

Isn't Canady majoring in spearing? I was looking back through some old boxscores from last year and kept seeing Canady, 5:00 Major-Spearing

Didn't see Canady get called for a major this year at all. Maybe I'm mistaken.

But he does get a question from me. Were there any majors handed out to Sioux players this season?

Prpich - fighting - UMD

Smaby - slashing - Denver

Hale - fighting - Tech

Thanks.

Can't believe Hale got called for fighting. All he did was stand there being held back by a ref while Scott beat on him. :sad:

I guess I didn't count the fights as majors. I was thinking about Smaby's and spearing et. al.