SiouxSports.com Forum

NDSU fan talks hockey

Bisonfan1234

*rolls eyes* Well, looky who finally decided to rear his ugly head once again! ;)feldman.jpg

Of course I did happen to open my mouth about needing him around here. Sorry about that guys.

-P.S. - BF1234 - I thought you didn't like hockey at all because it was unnatural and artifical sport. What made you all of a sudden a hockey prediction expert?? :0

That quote has been taken completely out of context by the administrator.

It was supposed to go in the football forum in a thread where a sioux fan was posting a bunch of mock headlines that he thought the newspapers would print when NDSU wins the GWFC conference title.

So i gave him a headline of my own.

However, this was without the knowledge that UMN lost to UMN-Duluth. :0

And for the record, no, i am not an ice hockey fan.

However, the overall game of hockey is very sound and is very popular in slightly modified versions around the world (eg lacrosse, soccer).

if the sioux stopped at the McNaughton Cup - we'd ALL be smiling know but we know there's BIGGER fish to fry. We didn't catch the whopper but we'll be back - BTW - you watch any of the NCAA hockey this weekend?? Great game after great game with sometimes unexpected results....that's what a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP is all about....We have 7 DI championships...you guys will be 20 years dreaming of a tally like that...and we'll be BACK for #8 ij 2005....(only hearing sounds like severe air sucking down south right now)...nice try to one up UND but we are THE university of North Dakota...(apologies to Cris Carter)

Bison fans have no business talking hockey :D

I was going to ignore this topic, but just because you have a hockey team, doesn't mean you call tell others what to talk about. ;)

I happen to be a fan of the Minnesota Gophers, and attend the Minnesota State Hockey tourney every year. I have been to my share of girls and boys hockey games. Former Omaha Lancers and Minnesota Wild season ticket holder. Went to the North Stars Stanley Cup Finals. I don't drink, so you know I am there for the hockey, not like many fans at the Ralph. I grew up on Hockey Night in Canada, pre-Don Cherry days. Lived close to the Grand Cities, and went the Winnipeg Jets games instead of the UND games. Watching UND hockey doesn't make you king. :)