SiouxSports.com Forum

#1 SEEDS THAT WON'T WIN

SIOUXPERGREEN

double...I agree that winning the McNaughton is the true test of the league champion...no argument. BUT, it means nothing in the NCAA tournament where one bad bounce (or poor goalie performance) can send you packing.

After watching last Saturday's game between the rodents and the Sioux, I wouldn't COUNT ON either of the goaltenders. Either of them are capable of playing well enough to win. Unfortunately, the reverse is also true.

I consider this the Sioux's ONLY possible weakness: Goaltending (and, yes, I know all about the regular season stats...means nothing now)...then again, they said the same thing about Weber last year and Hauser the year before.

Congrats streakygopher on your objective post. Nice to see for a change.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

TC,

Have you ever been accosted by not one, not two, not three, but four separate fans in any building on one night, had people get right in your face and swear at you, someone grab your jersey as you walk by and yell about your "sucky" team, or run up behind you in a concourse, jab you on the shoulder, and spout off about the "North Dakota Suck"? I've been to hundreds of hockey games in many different venues and the Gopher fans Saturday were far and away the worst I've encountered anywhere. If it was a hundred students yelling "f*** the Gophers," I wouldn't approve of it, but at least they're not jumping out of the woodwork to personally get in your face. Gopher fans used to know when to shut up...now all we hear is "back-to-back" and "three-peat." It's made them cockier than ever. Sorry, but it's my opinion that I should be able to feel comfortable wearing my team's jersey inside a "neutral" ice arena and not worry about having some bozo want me to fight him out on 7th & Kellogg. Call me crazy.