SiouxSports.com Forum

Any Sioux games on WDAZ or basic cable?

UNDITFAN

According to WDAZ/WDAY main offices they have no plan right now to air the games.

Then I believe its ablut time for Pat Sweeny to find a new job in a less exciting market for him. For christ sake Pat your a sports personality, you do hockey broadcast (not very well but you do) I believe because of this Pat should be the first person calling Midco/Victory Sports. God forbid WDAZZZZ would cut into whatever is being re-broadcast on channel 8 in this time spot.

Infact I also called Midco and gave them a piece of my mind. I told them that there is going to be a lot of upset people in Grand Forks if they don't get the games on TV. I also I told the Woman on the phone about what Puffy said on KFAN. The ladies response was well we don't have a signed deal with them. I said its free. I also told her people would even pay if it was a pay per view. I told her that this was a crucial time for them. I wanted to jump through the phone and slap her. I say if they drop the ball people that have midco should go to best buy and buy a Dish.

Then its time for Sweeny to find a new job. For christ sake he is a sports personality he should be the first person calling Midco.

Infact I also called Midco and gave them a piece of my mind. I told them that there is going to be a lot of upset people in Grand Forks if they don't get the games on TV. I alson told them about what Puffy said on KFAN. The ladies response was well we don't have a signed deal with them. I told her that this was a crucial time for them. I say if they drop the ball people that have midco should go to best buy and buy a Dish.

What the hell is going to Best Buy and buying a dish going to do??

DirectTv already said they arent going to carry Victory for the NCAA's, because most of the games can be seen on other Regional Sports Networks

And contrary to what Dubay or PA or whoever said it, Dish HAS NOT agreed to carry it (this was per my contact at Dish this morning)

DirectTv already said they arent going to carry Victory for the NCAA's, because most of the games can be seen on other Regional Sports Networks

And contrary to what Dubay or PA or whoever said it, Dish HAS NOT agreed to carry it (this was per my contact at Dish this morning)

After my NHL center ice runs out I may go get a dish. It does nothing for me right now but it would probably make me feel good about not having MIDCO any more. Its an idel threat that sounded good at the time. I am not so sure my wife would go for it because watches local television and I hard ever watch anything that is from this area.

Well in a month or so when DirecTV and Dish Network start broadcasting local channels for Fargo and Grand Forks, there will be a lot of people telling Midco to stick it. I'm one of them because there should be no reason for them not to be putting this game on this weekend. It is unbelieveable to think that we might not be able to watch the game on cable television from a cable producer who has a monopoloy on the television market in this area.

Goon,

I've given a few people a piece of my mind also and glad to hear I'm not the only one.

Dish Network is suppose to be carrying Fargo/GF locals in April (tenativelly.....Duluth locals were suppose to go up in August and they finally got uplinked last week. So Duluth area people might be able to get locals within a week or so)

DirectTv will launch locals once their new satellite goes up and is functional (sometime this summer)

DirectTv will launch locals once their new satellite goes up and is functional (sometime this summer)

I just talked to the guy who does almost all of the installations of DirecTV for a couple of companies around here in Grand Forks and Fargo and he told me that the summer launch date has been moved up significantly in the last couple of days.

Well, I emailed CableOne in Fargo Monday to whine, plead, beg, threaten (I'm not particularly proud about any of it). I included the story about VSN's "free" offer to cable systems.

Here is the reply I got just now:

Mike,

We are checking in to this and waiting to hear back from Victory Sports.

Cable ONE

I'll continue to search out abandoned farmhouses with 7' dishes out back, and check my mail for CableOne's outcome.

This situation has nothing to do with WDAZ. It's entirely out of their hands. If you want to be mad at someone, be mad at the NCAA for being so shortsighted as to sell the rights of the games to a network that hardly anyone can watch.

If the games are to be broadcast locally, it will be over Midcontinent cable. Direct your calls and e-mails to them. Beating up on WDAZ accomplishes nothing. In fact, those of us who watched the UND-UAA game last weekend should all be thanking WDAZ for broadcasting it.

This situation has nothing to do with WDAZ. It's entirely out of their hands. If you want to be mad at someone, be mad at the NCAA for being so shortsighted as to sell the rights of the games to a network that hardly anyone can watch.

Exactly, WDAZ has nothing to do about this and if the game is going to be broadcast it definitely will be over Midcontinent.

Time to turn up the heat on Scott Geston at CableOne in Fargo. Here is my correspondence to him and his reply:

Date: Wednesday, March 24, 2004 9:34 AM

Subject: RE: Fighting Sioux Hockey

Mike: Have not heard that yet. I was told it was not broadcast material but guess the GF station thought it was worthy of going after. Doubt the Fargo outlet will do the same.

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Wednesday, March 24, 2004 9:18 AM

To: sgeston@cableone.net

Subject: Fighting Sioux Hockey

Mr Geston:

I have learned that WDAZ (and the Fighting Sioux Sports Netowrk) will air

Friday's NCAA first round game, North Dakota vs. Holy Cross, beginning at

6:00 p.m. I presume CableOne will air the same on channel 7.

If my presumption is accurate, thank you. If not, please reconsider.

Thanks

Mike