SiouxSports.com Forum

Gophers at Sioux

sioux fan in phoenix

And, no, I don't believe Adam is the worst WCHA ref. He made, imo, two bogus calls this game. He did call too many penalties, true, but they were penalties.

Sorry, Don Adam haters, Todd Anderson owns the worst ref bill. Just be happy we didn't have him all year long (excpet for the HoF game).

Hands down...Campion=WORST

Why was Shep not reffing the Champ game?

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ditto.

RMS

Don't worry my fellow Sioux fan, there is alot of hockey to be played. My prediction is that at the end of the year in April the Sioux will be hoisting #8!

They looked awesome saturday night and desrved to win. If anyone doesn't think that the Sioux won't be ready come NCAA time....just wait. THe feeling I am getting is that the Sioux are extremely pissed they lost that game and it won't happen again....period. They want it and want it bad. I just hope they meet the gerbils again. Especially cheap shot artist Vanek. Vanek broke the old Gopher record of whimps backing down to Sioux players. (the previous record of Westrum the Weasel backing down to Mike Commodore). Vanek has backed down to Matt Greene more times than Democrat in an argument with a Republican. I can't wait to meet them again. The Sioux will prevail!

Hands down...Campion=WORST

Why was Shep not reffing the Champ game?

Campion changed after his injury. I'm not sure he's really happy right now. He should have sat the rest of the year out.

HOWEVER, I do believe he's the better of the refs I've ever seen. Plus he's a nice guy. Adam is ignorant, but not that bad. Mason is a dangerous ref to have on the ice if you are a player (He tends not to make calls that would protect players from injury), Shep makes penalties up and will rarely give either side an advantage even if they deserve it via penalty, Anderson couldn't ref his way out of a paper sack that has the bottom cut out, Hunt <No comment due to only seeing him once>.

Watching the NCAA basketball tournament this week I realized that the basketball refs RARELY make a bad call. You do hear some fans booing the calls but every fan boos every call against their team. You rarely notice the refs in an NCAA basketball game. Now, I understand that hockey is totally different than basketball but the refs for hockey should be just as good as basketball.

I'm not sure if conferences in basketball have separate refs but I don't think they do. I think the refs are run through the NCAA as a whole. Maybe hockey should look into combining all refs into a single organization. They wouldn't have to necessarily have east coast refs fly to the west but just the schooling and education part of it would benefit NCAA hockey.

This is not the same Don Adam of a few years ago who would just look at Mike Commodore and whistle him for a penalty. The few games that I saw him ref at the Ralph this year where well called. Saturday nights Final Five Championship game was a tough one to officiate, especially the first period. Overall he did a good job.

DG

Don't worry my fellow Sioux fan, there is alot of hockey to be played. My prediction is that at the end of the year in April the Sioux will be hoisting #8!

They looked awesome saturday night and desrved to win. If anyone doesn't think that the Sioux won't be ready come NCAA time....just wait. THe feeling I am getting is that the Sioux are extremely pissed they lost that game and it won't happen again....period. They want it and want it bad. I just hope they meet the gerbils again. Especially cheap shot artist Vanek. Vanek broke the old Gopher record of whimps backing down to Sioux players. (the previous record of Westrum the Weasel backing down to Mike Commodore). Vanek has backed down to Matt Greene more times than Democrat in an argument with a Republican. I can't wait to meet them again. The Sioux will prevail!

If you think the Sioux are much better then the Gophers you are delusional. The Sioux are a great team and have earned their ranking. Both teams are favorites to win a title. Leave it at that and dial the machismo down. BTW, I did see Vanek thank Greene for the assist on his goal. :D

I agree that the Sioux have bounced back well this year after tough losses and have the character to do it again. IMO they will have to play better then Sat. night to win a title. I've only seen them play 7 times this year and have seen them play much better.