SiouxSports.com Forum

Coach Glas on the move?

choyt3

Wow, I thought that Guiot was a jerk after his comments following the UND-Bemidji game in Grand Forks, but if he takes half of the current Bemidji team with him to Southwest Baptist, it really confirms that he's a jerk. I guess when your entire team is made up of transfers, loyalty to the program is too much to expect.

I doubt very much Glas would be interested in this job. It's been open several times during his UND tenure and he's apparently never shown interest, and he's got the talent returning next year to finally win the league for the first time since the mid-90's.

he's got the talent returning next year to finally win the league for the first time since the mid-90's.

He does? Who Rip? That is one. MJ, well he is hard worker, but not go to guy. AJ, it it easy to see who got the talent in that family. Evan, he will be All NCC next year again. I see the Jucos as being unproven talent. Can they play as a team?:silly:

The thing these guys need to do is work hard in the off season and dedicate themselves to MBB. I have yet to see a Glas team that is dedicated in the off season - to weights, running, improving game, etc. I think the off season will decide on how well they do.

He does? Who Rip? That is one. MJ, well he is hard worker, but not go to guy. AJ, it it easy to see who got the talent in that family. Evan, he will be All NCC next year again. I see the Jucos as being unproven talent. Can they play as a team?:silly:

The thing these guys need to do is work hard in the off season and dedicate themselves to MBB. I have yet to see a Glas team that is dedicated in the off season - to weights, running, improving game, etc. I think the off season will decide on how well they do.

While it's fair to be skeptical considering UND finished at .500 overall and in 7th place in the NCC, I see only UNO and Mankato as even arguably returning as much talent as the Sioux. And UNO loses Graham and Dada, and was only marginally better than an injury-depleted UND team this year judging by their two head-to-head matchups. The difference in talent between the top seven teams in the league this year was very marginal, as far as I could see, and between schools leaving the conference and other teams losing key players, UND is sitting pretty well.

Ryp is probably the most dominant scorer returning in the NCC. His roughly 25 ppg average over the second half of the conference season was very impressive. Lindahl is a returning all-NCC player. MJ was not all-conference, but his stats were every bit as good as Tola Dada, the supposed mvp of the league this past year. Austin struggled this year, but I still have to think it was mostly due to missing 2 1/2 months. He proved himself as a very good NCC player two years ago, and he was probably one of the top two or three players in the Minnesota juco league last year. Nobles is probably going to be a significant upgrade in terms of talent at the point guard position. Parks clearly can shoot the ball, which was something the team lacked this year. Hopefully Jacobson and Stoute improve because they both have talent. Doyle has a lot of potential. More than likely, one or two other players will be added who will hopefully contribute immediately.

While I wouldn't go so far as to say UND WILL win the NCC next year, I don't think there's any question that they have as good of a chance as anybody. Barring a slew of key injuries, I see no excuse for not winning something close to 25 games next year.