3. North Dakota State 22-5

4. North Dakota 22-5

5. South Dakota 24-6

6. Nebraska-Kearney 22-5

7. Fort Lewis 21-6

8. St. Cloud State 17-10

9. Colorado State-Pueblo 19-8

10. Regis (Colorado) 19-8

How can St Cloud remain the top 8 after getting swept the last weekend of the season? I don't think they deserve an at large bid to the NCAAs. UM-D would be a better team. As a side note, Concordia-St Paul only won by 2 points in the first round of the NSIC tourney over SW State.

I'm not trying to put down the Huskies, but it's probably a good thing for them that the system doesn't take into account margin of losses, since they had some very bad ones late in the season. Not only did they lose 6 of their last 7, but they weren't even competitive in several of those games, i.e. against UND, NDSU, SDSU and USD.

und92,96

many husky fans feel the same way as you. of course we want them in the regional but do we belong in the regional? until a month ago i would have said yes. now i would say no. the end of the season was pathetic to say the least. scsu and others in the "new" ncc better kick it up a notch to give UND a challenge in womens basketball. ncc mens basketball and football will be good but i am a little worried about the state of ncc womens bb next year.

scsu and others in the "new" ncc better kick it up a notch to give UND a challenge in womens basketball.  ncc mens basketball and football will be good but i am a little worried about the state of ncc womens bb next year.

I was kind of thinking the same thing regarding NCC women's basketball. UMD has done well in the past and probably will do well again in the near future, USD has obviously done well recently but whether they will continue to do so minus Koupal is a huge question mark, St. Cloud St. has potential but must step it up a notch or two, Augie is usually pretty decent but not great, and UNO and Mankato are typically awful.

UND doesn't necessarily return a ton of talent next year, although I think Boese is outstanding and Mahlum and Jahner are pretty good guards, but I almost think they have to be considered heavy favorites next year by default. I do think that the Sioux will have some very good newcomers next season, as two Minnesota Ms. Basketball finalists have already signed and there are three or four pretty good red-shirts this year.